Author Topic: (READ) Senator to Pentagon: explain why Covid-19 vaccine religious exemptions are not being granted  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
(READ) Senator to Pentagon: explain why Covid-19 vaccine religious exemptions are not being granted
DATED: DECEMBER 13, 2022 BY SHARYL ATTKISSON

Since the military levied its Covid-19 vaccine mandate against service members, Sen. James Lankford (R-Oklahoma) is among those who have worked to defend service members who have religious objections to the Covid vaccine. It is an established constitutional right to be able to claim religious exemptions to vaccination.

After writing several letters, Lankford has been putting a hold on Department of Defense (DOD) nominees until he receives an answer as to know why, despite tens of thousands of known requests for religious accommodations for the Covid-19 vaccine, the DOD has granted nearly zero religious accommodations among the service branches. Courts have found that blanket denials without genuine consideration are unconstitutional, and military authorities have found that, in some cases, improper blanket denials have been made.

Here’s what Lankford had to say on a recent Twitter post noting that concessions in the 2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) would not suffice.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2022/12/read-senator-to-pentagon-explain-why-covid-19-vaccine-religious-exemptions-are-not-being-granted/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson