Author Topic: Iran soccer player sentenced to death by hanging  (Read 239 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iran soccer player sentenced to death by hanging
« on: December 13, 2022, 04:26:31 pm »
Iran soccer player sentenced to death by hanging
Story by Luis Guillermo Vázquez • Yesterday 9:05 PM

Following the death in Iran at the hands of the morality police of a 22-year-old Kurdish girl, Mahsa Amin, for violating the country’s strict dress code, a wave of protests have erupted across the country, with the state repressing those calling for more freedom.

The Iranian regime is taking a hard line over the protests and is desperate to punish those who have campaigned for women’s rights and freedom in the nation. The most recent of these is 26-year-old former soccer player, Amir Nasr-Azadani, who has been sentenced to be hanged.

According to the ‘Mizan’ news agency, the footballer is to suffer the same fate as wrestler Majid Reza Rahnavard, who was publicly executed for participating in the protests and leading the marches in memory of Mahsa Amini. According to the Iranian regime, he was responsible for “creating terror”. After being arrested for “his war against God” he was publicly hanged. Images of his lifeless body hanging from the gallows circulated on social media.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-soccer-player-sentenced-to-death-by-hanging/ar-AA15cF5N?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a8412c8f6f01436a954380d2b4c4a2e5
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:27:28 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson