Author Topic: Just say 'no' to the guilt trip  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just say 'no' to the guilt trip
« on: December 13, 2022, 03:52:34 pm »
December 13, 2022
Just say 'no' to the guilt trip
By J.A. Frascino
The human race has gone through a number of ages: the Dark Ages, the Renaissance, the Enlightenment, the Age of Reason.

We are now in the Age of Introspective Contrition, AKA wokeness.  The Age of Introspective Contrition is a leftist initiative that exploits guilt to establish thought processes and cultural mores that serve to solidify its political position, which is to pander to the disadvantaged for political gain.

It was ushered in with political correctness, which requires one to be introspectively contrite before framing casual speech content that might be misinterpreted or perceived as hurtful.  One who ignores the dictates of P.C. runs the risk of issuing microaggressions, forcing the offended recipient to seek shelter in a safe space to find solace in snacks, emotional support, and if necessary anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medication.  Such hurtful behavior cannot be tolerated!

Having established P.C. as a foothold, it moved on to cancel culture, which advances speech control from "you shouldn't say that" to "you can't say that."  Any speech now remotely undermining the Party narrative is disinformation, hate speech, racist, bigoted, stochastic terrorism, or a threat to democracy.  Just shut up, go to your room, and self-flagellate in contrition.  Maybe even lose your job.  Repeat offenders might soon be subject to fines or incarceration.  Woe unto him who speaks freely!  Elon Musk threatens to replace Donald Trump as public enemy No. 1.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/12/just_say_no_to_the_guilt_trip.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Just say 'no' to the guilt trip
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 04:03:51 pm »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright