Author Topic: BREAKING: Disgraced FTX crypto bro Sam Bankman-Fried ARRESTED in Bahamas, criminal charges filed in  (Read 2534 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 01:16:44 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The statement, from the office of Sen. Ryan Pinder, confirms the arrest of Bankman-Fried.

"On 12 December 2022, the Office of the Attorney General of The Bahamas is announcing the arrest by The Royal Bahamas Police Force of Sam Bankman-Fried ("SBF"), former CEO of FTX. SBF's arrest followed receipt of formal notification from the United States that it has filed criminal charges against SBF and is likely to request his extradition.

"As a result of the notification received and the material provided therewith, it was deemed appropriate for the Attorney General to seek SBF's arrest and hold him in custody pursuant to our nation's Extradition Act. At such time as a formal request for extradition is made, The Bahamas intends to process it promptly, pursuant to Bahamian law and its treaty obligations with the United States."

more
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-disgraced-ftx-crypto-bro-sam-bankman-fried-arrested-criminal-charges-filed?utm_campaign=64483
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline rustynail

All suspects are presumed innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So he's headed to the custody of the FBI?  He'll be dead in jail before you can say "Jeffry Epstein."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well somehow I my post got put on the wrong thread...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:52:26 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So he's headed to the custody of the FBI?  He'll be dead in jail before you can say "Jeffry Epstein."
Are you sure he won't be suicided in the Bahamas before the Feebs take him? I wonder if they can take the risk of him spilling the beans on the democrats...and RINOs.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
BREAKING REPORT: Any Mention of the AMOUNT OF DONATIONS FTX made to Politicians – SCRUBBED from SEC’s Indictment of FTX’s Sam Bankman-Freid...
9:38 AM · Dec 13, 2022

:pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you sure he won't be suicided in the Bahamas before the Feebs take him? I wonder if they can take the risk of him spilling the beans on the democrats...and RINOs.

No, I'm not sure.  We do know the Federal lockup in NYC has a lot of dysfunctional cameras...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No, I'm not sure.  We do know the Federal lockup in NYC has a lot of dysfunctional cameras...

Reported this morning on Chris Plante's show...the jail on that island is a death sentence.  The prison in Midnight Express is 'Disneyland' in comparison.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

See ya soon buddy!
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sam Bankman-Fried Sobs, Blames Others for FTX Collapse in Prepared Testimony

Sean Moran 13 Dec 2022

Disgraced former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried whined about the loss of his net worth and blamed others for the collapse of FTX in prepared testimony Tuesday to the House Financial Services Committee.

Bankman-Fried wrote:

I bleep up. I know that it doesn’t mean much to say that I’m sorry. And so I’m dedicating as much of myself as I can to doing right by customers. When all is said and done, I’ll judge myself primarily by one metric: whether I have eventually been able to make customers whole. If I fail our customers in this regard, I have failed myself.

Now that he apologized, Bankman-Fried proceeded to lament the loss of his billions of dollars, which is reportedly built on fraud and other financial crimes, and whined he and other senior members of FTX cannot still access personal information as many people have lost unknown amounts of money on FTX:

Last year, my net worth was valued at $20b.

Today, I would be wrong to say that I have nothing: I have a loving family, and food on my plate,
    and that’s more than life has given billions of people.

But last I saw, I believe my bank account had about $100k in it. I don’t know for sure, because I
    have been denied access to many of my own personal passwords, data, documents, and
    accounts.

As of today, I and many other members of FTX International’s former management team are
    missing access to key data–data that could help inform customers, inform the Chapter 11 team’s
    decisions, and inform foreign regulators looking after FTX International. Nearly all of this data is
    held by the Chapter 11 team.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/13/sam-bankman-fried-sobs-blames-others-for-ftx-collapse-in-prepared-testimony/
Support the USO

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 But last I saw, I believe my bank account had about $100k in it. I don’t know for sure, because I
    have been denied access to many of my own personal passwords, data, documents, and
    accounts.

Aside from the fact that I believe this is bullshit because he surely has hidden accounts, does anyone actually believe that someone heading a scheme handling this much of other peoples money only has $100K? I think it's a given that he will be suicided either because of what he knows or because of hit put out for how much of someone's money he stole.

Offline mountaineer

This just in: SBF hasn't hanged himself.  Yet.

Offline mountaineer

Michael Seifert
@realmichaelseif
FTX had no board of directors, were using Quickbooks to do their finances, was being led by a certifiable psychopath, and yet somehow managed to become a $32 billion company with the naming rights to NBA arenas and Super Bowl commercials with Larry David.
3:25 PM · Dec 13, 2022

Rep. Dan Bishop
@RepDanBishop
FTX was valued at over $32 billion and had higher ESG scores than ExxonMobil.
Meanwhile, they had no independent board and used Quickbooks and Slack for accounting!
These guys were the Fyre Festival of the financial world.
Need any more evidence that ESG is bogus?
1:46 PM · Dec 13, 2022

Hey, Maxine Waters loves SBF. That's all that matters.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Very Convienent, and the likes of Mad Maxine Waterhead is going to be let off the hook.

This is all true to script.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FTX CEO Confirms He’s Investigating Bankman-Fried’s Politically Connected Progressive Parents

By Caroline Downey

December 13, 2022 1:34 PM

Testifying before the House Financial Services Committee Tuesday morning, the newly appointed CEO of FTX revealed that he is investigating the role that disgraced founder Sam Bankman-Fried’s parents played in the cryptocurrency exchange’s recent implosion.

CEO John Ray was asked by Republican Representative Bill Huizenga whether Bankman-Fried’s parents, both of whom are professors at Stanford Law School, had advised their son or been employed by his firm in any capacity.

“We indicated that Mr. Bankman had given legal advice. He received payments…the family certainly received payments,” Ray testified, adding that “we’re investigating” the role the pair played in the fraudulent business.

The congressman noted that when Bankman-Fried met with him in Washington, D.C., on December 8 of last year, he was 15 minutes late and was accompanied by his father, who teaches a course on tax law at Stanford. Bankman-Fried’s mother Barbara, meanwhile, cultivated extensive progressive political connections through her Democratic PAC Mind the Gap, which routed millions of dollars from Silicon Valley donors to Democratic campaigns, pledging to spend as much as $140 million in the 2020 election cycle.

The group reportedly attracted wealthy donors by pledging to use statistical modeling to effectively leverage their contributions to elect the maximum number of candidates, an approach one donor called “the moneyball of politics,” according to an expose in Vox. Major donors include Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, and a host of other Silicon Valley heavy-hitters, including Human Rights Watch co-chairwoman Amy Rao.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ftx-ceo-confirms-hes-investigating-bankman-frieds-politically-connected-progressive-parents/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sam Bankman-Fried Denied Bail in Bahamas

A Bahamas judge on Tuesday denied disgraced former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried bai, and he will be remanded to custody, according to reports. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/13/sam-bankman-fried-denied-bail-in-bahamas/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Now it looks like the feds aren't ignoring the contributions, after all. I guess they learned some FTX money went to (nominal) Republicans.
Breaking911
@Breaking911
BREAKING: US prosecutors: FTX founder Bankman-Fried made illegal campaign donations totaling in the 'tens of millions of dollars.' - AP
2:55 PM · Dec 13, 2022
Some FTX executives donated to Republicans, but Bankman-Fried preferred Dems. Well, not exclusively, as it turns out:
... His donations to Republicans were made exclusively to Senate Republicans who voted to convict Donald Trump in his second impeachment or who had publicly disavowed the 45th President.

Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Mitt Romney (R-UT), Ben Sasse (R-NE), and Susan Collins (R-ME), John Thune (R-SD), and John Boozman (R-AR). [Impeachers in italics.]

His other major donation to Republicans went to the following "conservative" PACs:

Heartland Resurgence PAC ($50,000), which spent money in the 2022 cycle protecting John Boozman (R-AR) and Ann Wagner (R-MI).

Results for NC, Inc., ($700,00) which is Thom Thillis' (R-NC) Super PAC that spent over $1 million to take out GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) in his primary.

Establishment Republican Chuck Edwards (R-NC), who defeated Cawthorn, later received a max campaign donation from Ryan David Salame in September 2022.

America United PAC ($300,000), which is a PAC funded almost exclusively by the Never Trump Republican Ziff Brothers who were caught up in the Hillary Clinton funded Trum-Russia Hoax.  ...
More at Here's a list of all the PACs AND members of Congress that accepted STOLEN money from FTX Executives by David Giglio.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Depressed' Sam Bankman-Fried hugs his parents as he is DENIED bail and sent to overcrowded hellhole Bahamas jail as prosecutors say he hid $300m in Brazilian firm before collapse of FTX exchange

Sam Bankman-Fried was arrested in The Bahamas last night on fraud charges 
    A judge denied him bail on Tuesday despite his pleas to be put on house arrest
    He was remanded to the Bahamas Department of Corrections' notorious Fox Hill Prison until his next court appearance on February 8
    SBF faces 155 years in prison if convicted of fraud and money laundering 
    Prosecutors say he used FTX as a 'personal piggy bank' to fund his lavish lifestyle
    He also made enormous donations to the Democratic party and President Biden

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com and Chris Jewers

Published: 06:36 EST, 13 December 2022 | Updated: 18:19 EST, 13 December 2022

Disgraced FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried has been denied bail as he fights extradition to the United States in the Bahamas after being charged with one of the 'biggest financial frauds in American history'. 

Bankman-Fried is accused of defrauding investors out of $1.8billion by convincing them his trading platform FTX was safe to use. He has been holed up in the Bahamas for weeks, but today was denied bail after prosecutors argued in court that he was a flight risk. 

They claimed he hid $300million in a Brazilian fund in September, months before the collapse of his crypto trading platform, as a means of setting himself up for an escape when the inevitable happened. 

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11532899/SEC-charges-shamed-Sam-Bankman-Fried-defrauding-FTX-equity-investors-1-8BILLION.html
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

He whined that he shouldn't be held in jail because he's vegan. You'll eat baloney on white bread and like it, mister!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :03:

Sam Bankman-Fried's Stanford law professor parents will be 'wiped out' financially by their son's legal bills - as they prepare for his extradition from the Bahamas after his arrest

Joseph Bankman and Barbara Fried likely face steep legal bills after son's arrest
    The Stanford law professors are parents to FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried
    Bankman was also an FTX employee for 11 months, primarily working on charity
    They have stood by son's side in the Bahamas following his company's collapse

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:39 EST, 13 December 2022 | Updated: 17:20 EST, 13 December 2022

The Stanford law professor parents of FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried face the prospect of mounting legal bills following his arrest in the Bahamas on US federal charges. 

Joseph Bankman and Barbara Fried have remained by their 30-year-old son's side in the Bahamas since his crypto exchange collapsed in bankruptcy last month, but his arrest on Monday adds a new element of stress for the tight-knit family.

Bankman and Fried have told friends that their son's legal bills will likely wipe them out financially, the Wall Street Journal reported.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11533755/SBFs-Stanford-law-professor-parents-expect-legal-bills-wipe-financially.html
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

:03:
Sam Bankman-Fried's Stanford law professor parents will be 'wiped out' financially by their son's legal bills - as they prepare for his extradition from the Bahamas after his arrest
They created this man-child. Tough. Aren't they also under investigation?

Offline mountaineer

Lawyerforlaws
@lawyer4laws
SBF was to testify in Congress ...
He was going to be put under oath ...
No Miranda Warnings ..
Multiple questioning ..
💥All of his testimony would've been admitted in court
So~ why wouldn't SDNY want SDF to testify ?🤔
6:36 PM · Dec 13, 2022

Offline verga

Lawyerforlaws
@lawyer4laws
SBF was to testify in Congress ...
He was going to be put under oath ...
No Miranda Warnings ..
Multiple questioning ..
💥All of his testimony would've been admitted in court
So~ why wouldn't SDNY want SDF to testify ?🤔
6:36 PM · Dec 13, 2022
Things that make you go Hmmmm.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.