Author Topic: 'Strongly considering': Jim Banks teases Senate run following Braun announcement  (Read 178 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Strongly considering': Jim Banks teases Senate run following Braun announcement
by Juliegrace Brufke, Congressional Reporter
December 12, 2022 02:07 PM

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) said he is “strongly considering” a bid for the upper chamber in the wake of Sen. Mike Braun’s (R-IN) decision to launch a gubernatorial bid in the Hoosier State instead of seeking another term in the Senate.

Banks praised Braun’s tenure serving as the junior senator of Indiana before touting his conservative credentials and floating himself as a possible successor.

"Senator Braun has been a reliable and strong conservative in the Senate and I'm grateful for all he has done for our state over the past four years. I am confident that he will continue to champion Hoosier values in the next stage of his public service career,” he said in a statement.

“Indiana deserves a proven conservative to continue Senator Braun's work in the United States Senate. I am strongly considering running for the open Indiana Senate seat in 2024, and I will spend the upcoming holidays praying and talking with my wife, family and close friends about how I can best serve Indiana," he added.

Banks, who was first elected to his seat in 2016, saw a swift rise in profile, becoming the chairman of the Republican Study Committee, a position that has served as a springboard into leadership positions and higher office for multiple politicians, including former Vice President Mike Pence and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA).

Rep. Victoria Spartz (R-IN) is also rumored to be considering launching a bid for the role.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/strongly-considering-jim-banks-teases-senate-run-braun-announcement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34