Author Topic: Record breaking DNA shows Mastodons roaming a hot North Greenland 2 million years ago  (Read 433 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Record breaking DNA shows Mastodons roaming a hot North Greenland 2 million years ago
By Jo Nova

Greenland, ancient DNA, mastodon. Map.
Kap København is almost the closest point there is to the North Pole on dry land.

The survival of some DNA for two million years is astounding all of itself — breaking the record for oldest known DNA by nearly a million years. Before this, the oldest DNA was thought to be 1.2 million years — beyond which all the global DNA of all the species that ever lived was assumed to be dissolved into unreadable mush.

But now we have found enough of the ancient code to identify a whole ecosystem on the northern edge of Greenland that no one expected to find.  Apparently giant elephant-like Mastodons were wandering the far northern parts of Greenland — practically as close as they could get to the North pole without swimming.

At the time, the world was not just 1.5 catastrophic degrees warmer than today, but a full nuclear 10 to 17 degrees hotter.

Strangely life on Earth wasn’t suffering the sixth mass extinction.

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/12/record-breaking-dna-shows-mastodons-roaming-a-hot-north-greenland-2-million-years-ago/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Everything alive on Earth is descended from survivors of mass extinction events.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

Thank you for posting this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is one problem I have had with the Climate Alarmists all along. Who are they to say what is the 'right' temperature for the planet?
Change naturally occurs, and the warmer (than now) periods seem to be when people and other critters do best, the colder ones tend to kill things and people off.

(...which, ultimately, may be their aim)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is one problem I have had with the Climate Alarmists all along. Who are they to say what is the 'right' temperature for the planet?
Change naturally occurs, and the warmer (than now) periods seem to be when people and other critters do best, the colder ones tend to kill things and people off.

(...which, ultimately, may be their aim)

@Smokin Joe

AND,as one of the most famous tv advertising line goes,"It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature".

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Global Climate Change is scientific hubris based upon the belief that Man is the ultimate power or force in the universe.

What if Global Climate Change is really God adjusting the thermostat?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.