Author Topic: Jazzy the dog reunited with owners seven years after running away  (Read 333 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Jazzy the dog reunited with owners seven years after running away

Jazzy the dog has been reunited with her owners seven years after running away, a Florida animal shelter said.

She was found more than 800 miles (1,280 km) away from her home state of Texas.

Jazzy was left behind in a hotel in Florida and could barely walk when Orange County Animal Services discovered her earlier this month.

The Orlando animal shelter was shocked when they scanned Jazzy's microchip and tracked down her Texas owners.

"We've had reunions that brought together families and pets that were apart for maybe a few years," Bryant Almeida, the public information officer for Orange County Animal Services told the BBC.

"For a dog, seven years is practically a lifetime."

Jazzy's owners also got "the surprise of a lifetime" when the shelter called them to share the news, Orange County Animal Services wrote in a Facebook post.

The owners told the shelter that Jazzy had gotten spooked by fireworks seven years ago when she was five years old. The family searched for her for a long time, and "never gave up hope", the animal shelter said.

After hearing the news, Jazzy's owner Kerry got on a plane from Texas to Florida a few days later to be reunited with his furry friend.

It was "incredible to watch Jazzy come to life at her owner's voice", the shelter said. "She licked his hand again and again and inched her body as close as she could to him." ................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63952803
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.