Author Topic: The Blowback From Strip-Mining Labor For 45 Years Is Just Beginning  (Read 156 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Blowback From Strip-Mining Labor For 45 Years Is Just Beginning

BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, DEC 11, 2022 - 11:30 AM
Authored by Charles Hugh Smith via OfTwoMinds blog,

The clueless technocrats are about to discover that unfairness and exploitation can't be measured like revenues and profits, but that doesn't mean they're not real.

Economists and financial pundits tend to make a catastrophically flawed assumption. They tend to believe the technocratic myth that all human behavior boils down to financial incentives, data and metrics, as if all people make decisions based on interest rates, tax breaks and greed, the desire to maximize gains by any means available. (Cough, FTX, cough...)

The only other source of decision-making that's recognized by the punditry is political / ideological squabbling: people make decisions based on their self-interest as expressed through political / ideological positions.

But this doesn't exhaust the sources of human decisions and behaviors. People make life decisions for many other reasons which cannot be quantified or linked to financial incentives, interest rates or ideological beliefs.

For example, people can become fed up and quit caring: as in we pretend to work and you pretend to pay us, quiet quitting, opting out, laying flat and let it rot.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/blowback-strip-mining-labor-45-years-just-beginning
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 05:42:50 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson