Author Topic: Looking For The Official Party Line On Energy Storage  (Read 196 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Looking For The Official Party Line On Energy Storage
« on: December 11, 2022, 02:14:35 pm »
Looking For The Official Party Line On Energy Storage
December 08, 2022/ Francis Menton

If you’ve read my energy storage report, or just the summaries of parts of it that have appeared on this blog, you have probably thought:  this stuff is kind of obvious.  Surely the powers that be must have thought of at least some of these issues, and there must be some kind of official position on the responses out there somewhere.

So I thought to look around for the closest thing I could find to the Official Party Line on how the U.S. is supposedly going to get to Net Zero emissions from the electricity sector by some early date.  The most authoritative thing I have found is a big Report out in August 2022 from something called the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, titled “Examining Supply-Side Options to Achieve 100% Clean Electricity by 2035.”  An accompanying press release with a date of August 30 has the headline “NREL Study Identifies the Opportunities and Challenges of Achieving the U.S. Transformational Goal of 100% Clean Electricity by 2035.” 

What is NREL?  The Report identifies it as a private lab “operated by Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC, for the U.S. Department of Energy under Contract.”  In other words, it’s an explicit advocacy group for “renewable” energy that gets infinite oodles of taxpayer money to put out advocacy pieces making it seem like the organization’s preferred schemes will work.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2022-12-8-looking-for-the-official-party-line-on-energy-storage
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Looking For The Official Party Line On Energy Storage
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 05:40:18 pm »
Send to Congresscritter