Author Topic: Ipsos: Climate Skepticism Rising Three Years in a Row  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ipsos: Climate Skepticism Rising Three Years in a Row
« on: December 11, 2022, 02:06:26 pm »
Ipsos: Climate Skepticism Rising Three Years in a Row
20 hours ago Eric Worrall 40 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… Unexpectedly, climate skepticism has consistently grown over the past 3 years (37%, +6 pts in 3 years), and is particularly striking in France this year (37%, +8 pts in one year) …”

Climate change: a growing skepticism

ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT

Purchasing power is now the key priority on a global level. Despite the importance they attribute to the climate and extreme weather events, people are less inclined to become involved and are more dubious as to the human origins of the phenomenon.

8 December 2022

Despite topping the list of environmental priorities, climate change is not generating greater concern and climate skepticism is growing

Climate change (46%, +2 points vs. 2021) and extreme climate events (43%, +2 points vs. 2021) have become the key reasons for environmental concern this year on a world level, although this is also due to the drop in concern about waste and plastic (41%, -5 points vs 2021) and air pollution (37%, -3 points vs 2021). Nevertheless, if the two items are combined, 66% of the world’s population still view the climate as a priority issue (60% in 2019).

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/10/ipsos-climate-skepticism-rising-three-years-in-a-row/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson