Author Topic: Two Super Hornet jets suffer back-to-back Class A mishaps  (Read 329 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two Super Hornet jets suffer back-to-back Class A mishaps
« on: December 11, 2022, 12:00:20 pm »
Two Super Hornet jets suffer back-to-back Class A mishaps
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Dec 9, 04:27 PM

Two Navy Super Hornet jets suffered Class A mishaps last month. (Navy)
Two Virginia-based Navy Super Hornet jets suffered serious mishaps on consecutive days last month, but no one was injured in either incident, according to Navy officials.

The first mishap involved an F/A-18F Super Hornet that suffered engine and fuselage damage from a blown tire that occurred during takeoff from Naval Air Station Oceana Nov. 21, according to Cmdr. Rob Myers, a spokesman for Naval Air Force Atlantic.

The jet, assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron 106, was able to land safely, he said.

The next day, an F/A-18E Super Hornet “experienced an in-flight engine fire” while conducting routine operations in the Virginia Capes, Myers said.

That aircraft, assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron 131, also safely returned to NAS Oceana.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/12/09/two-super-hornet-jets-suffer-back-to-back-class-a-mishaps/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Two Super Hornet jets suffer back-to-back Class A mishaps
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 04:17:29 pm »
I am glad to see the Navy is investigating what led to these mishaps,but it is probably nothing to be alarmed about,when you consider the number of flights these things make every day.

BTW,for those of you who don't know,ANY time something fails on a military aircraft that might cause it to crash,there is an immediate investigation into the cause. This is an "automatic response" thing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:20:10 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!