State Chapters > Arizona

Arizona sheriff calls on Gov. Ducey to stop sending shipping containers to border for makeshift wall

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:
The sheriff has things backasswards. I greatly applaud Ducey.  "Illegal dumping" isn't because of the containers, the "illegal dumping" are all the ILLEGALS coming in.   

Arizona sheriff calls on Gov. Ducey to stop sending shipping containers to border for makeshift wall

An Arizona county sheriff said Saturday that he’s frustrated with Gov. Doug Ducey sending large shipping containers to the border in an effort to construct a makeshift border wall.

With the containers reaching within 6 miles of Santa Cruz County, Sheriff David Hathaway told FOX 10 Phoenix he’ll arrest anyone who tries to place them in the county, which he referred to as "illegal dumping."

"The area where they're placing the containers is entirely on federal land, on national forest land," the sheriff told the station. "It's not state land, it's not private land, and the federal government has said this [is] illegal activity. So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime."................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-sheriff-calls-gov-ducey-sending-shipping-containers-border-makeshift-wall

Hoodat:
If the Arizona sheriff cares so much about enforcing the law, then why isn't he arresting people who illegally cross the border?

EdinVA:
Notice this liberal sheriff waited until the midterms have been called to raise a stink about the "wall".....

mystery-ak:
AZ Sheriff Threatens to Arrest Anyone Who Helps Gov. Ducey Build the Border Wall

Sarah Arnold
 |  December 11, 2022 9:00 AM

Gov. Doug Ducey (R-AZ) has vowed to stop the influx of illegal migrants entering the U.S. through the southern border by building a wall. 

However, an Arizona county sheriff is threatening anyone who helps get shipping containers into the state which is used to build the wall. 

Sheriff David Hathaway told Fox 10 Phoenix that he is frustrated with Ducey sending large shipping containers to the border. 

Hathaway said that he will arrest anyone aiding Ducey with the containers. 

The area where they're placing the containers is entirely on federal land, on national forest land," Hathaway said, adding “it's not state land, it's not private land, and the federal government has said this [is a] illegal activity. So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime.”

Supporters of the border wall say it is a matter of security and helps decline the number of illegal immigrants, human smuggling, and drug smuggling that gets into the U.S., however, Hathaway calls it “illegal dumping.” 

Ducey has blamed President Joe Biden for the historic number of illegal migrants crossing over and failing to secure the border. He has vowed for his state to step up and work against Biden’s open border policies to protect Americans. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/12/11/az-sheriff-threatens-anyone-who-helps-gov-ducey-build-the-border-wall-n2616992

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on December 11, 2022, 02:57:35 pm ---AZ Sheriff Threatens to Arrest Anyone Who Helps Gov. Ducey Build the Border Wall

Sarah Arnold
 |  December 11, 2022 9:00 AM

Gov. Doug Ducey (R-AZ) has vowed to stop the influx of illegal migrants entering the U.S. through the southern border by building a wall.

However, an Arizona county sheriff is threatening anyone who helps get shipping containers into the state which is used to build the wall.

Sheriff David Hathaway told Fox 10 Phoenix that he is frustrated with Ducey sending large shipping containers to the border.

Hathaway said that he will arrest anyone aiding Ducey with the containers.

The area where they're placing the containers is entirely on federal land, on national forest land," Hathaway said, adding “it's not state land, it's not private land, and the federal government has said this [is a] illegal activity. So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime.”

Supporters of the border wall say it is a matter of security and helps decline the number of illegal immigrants, human smuggling, and drug smuggling that gets into the U.S., however, Hathaway calls it “illegal dumping.”

Ducey has blamed President Joe Biden for the historic number of illegal migrants crossing over and failing to secure the border. He has vowed for his state to step up and work against Biden’s open border policies to protect Americans.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/12/11/az-sheriff-threatens-anyone-who-helps-gov-ducey-build-the-border-wall-n2616992

--- End quote ---

@mystery-ak

A Governor doesn't have the authority or the means to stop a sheriff from doing things like this?

Don't local communities in Arizona receive grant money from the state for LEO activity,parks,streets,etc,etc,etc? Cut that money off and let the people know WHY you cut it off,and that sheriff is history,come the next election.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version