Author Topic: Arizona sheriff calls on Gov. Ducey to stop sending shipping containers to border for makeshift wall  (Read 774 times)

Online libertybele

The sheriff has things backasswards. I greatly applaud Ducey.  "Illegal dumping" isn't because of the containers, the "illegal dumping" are all the ILLEGALS coming in.   

Arizona sheriff calls on Gov. Ducey to stop sending shipping containers to border for makeshift wall

An Arizona county sheriff said Saturday that he’s frustrated with Gov. Doug Ducey sending large shipping containers to the border in an effort to construct a makeshift border wall.

With the containers reaching within 6 miles of Santa Cruz County, Sheriff David Hathaway told FOX 10 Phoenix he’ll arrest anyone who tries to place them in the county, which he referred to as "illegal dumping."

"The area where they're placing the containers is entirely on federal land, on national forest land," the sheriff told the station. "It's not state land, it's not private land, and the federal government has said this [is] illegal activity. So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime."................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-sheriff-calls-gov-ducey-sending-shipping-containers-border-makeshift-wall
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

If the Arizona sheriff cares so much about enforcing the law, then why isn't he arresting people who illegally cross the border?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

Notice this liberal sheriff waited until the midterms have been called to raise a stink about the "wall".....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AZ Sheriff Threatens to Arrest Anyone Who Helps Gov. Ducey Build the Border Wall

Sarah Arnold
 |  December 11, 2022 9:00 AM

Gov. Doug Ducey (R-AZ) has vowed to stop the influx of illegal migrants entering the U.S. through the southern border by building a wall. 

However, an Arizona county sheriff is threatening anyone who helps get shipping containers into the state which is used to build the wall. 

Sheriff David Hathaway told Fox 10 Phoenix that he is frustrated with Ducey sending large shipping containers to the border. 

Hathaway said that he will arrest anyone aiding Ducey with the containers. 

The area where they're placing the containers is entirely on federal land, on national forest land," Hathaway said, adding “it's not state land, it's not private land, and the federal government has said this [is a] illegal activity. So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime.”

Supporters of the border wall say it is a matter of security and helps decline the number of illegal immigrants, human smuggling, and drug smuggling that gets into the U.S., however, Hathaway calls it “illegal dumping.” 

Ducey has blamed President Joe Biden for the historic number of illegal migrants crossing over and failing to secure the border. He has vowed for his state to step up and work against Biden’s open border policies to protect Americans. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/12/11/az-sheriff-threatens-anyone-who-helps-gov-ducey-build-the-border-wall-n2616992
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
AZ Sheriff Threatens to Arrest Anyone Who Helps Gov. Ducey Build the Border Wall

Sarah Arnold
 |  December 11, 2022 9:00 AM

Gov. Doug Ducey (R-AZ) has vowed to stop the influx of illegal migrants entering the U.S. through the southern border by building a wall.

However, an Arizona county sheriff is threatening anyone who helps get shipping containers into the state which is used to build the wall.

Sheriff David Hathaway told Fox 10 Phoenix that he is frustrated with Ducey sending large shipping containers to the border.

Hathaway said that he will arrest anyone aiding Ducey with the containers.

The area where they're placing the containers is entirely on federal land, on national forest land," Hathaway said, adding “it's not state land, it's not private land, and the federal government has said this [is a] illegal activity. So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime.”

Supporters of the border wall say it is a matter of security and helps decline the number of illegal immigrants, human smuggling, and drug smuggling that gets into the U.S., however, Hathaway calls it “illegal dumping.”

Ducey has blamed President Joe Biden for the historic number of illegal migrants crossing over and failing to secure the border. He has vowed for his state to step up and work against Biden’s open border policies to protect Americans.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/12/11/az-sheriff-threatens-anyone-who-helps-gov-ducey-build-the-border-wall-n2616992

@mystery-ak

A Governor doesn't have the authority or the means to stop a sheriff from doing things like this?

Don't local communities in Arizona receive grant money from the state for LEO activity,parks,streets,etc,etc,etc? Cut that money off and let the people know WHY you cut it off,and that sheriff is history,come the next election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

I believe that the sheriff of a county @sneakypete has independent authority over the governor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

I believe that the sheriff of a county @sneakypete has independent authority over the governor.

The new governor will give him a medal and remove the barriers...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

That is true to a LIMITED degree,but it damn sure doesn't apply when it come to a city or county receiving government grants of money or equipment,and no branch of civilian government is more dependent on money or equipment grants than the local po-po.

That sheriff had better make damn sure his garage is taking REAL good care of his police cars,radios,any surplus Humvees he has sitting in his compound,automatic rifles,etc,etc,etc.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:59:09 pm by sneakypete »

Online mountaineer

So just the way if I saw somebody doing an assault or a homicide or a vehicle theft on public land within my county, I would charge that person with a crime.
Yeah, stick with that: equating nothing more serious than littering with homicide. What a maroon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod5

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The new governor will give him a medal and remove the barriers...

@DB

I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about the new Governor there.

I was just writing about the POSSIBILITIES of what CAN happen,not stating what WOULD happen.