Author Topic: Incoming House Foreign Affairs Chairman Michael McCaul Calls for More Arms to Ukraine to Destroy Rus  (Read 1096 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Incoming House Foreign Affairs Chairman Michael McCaul Calls for More Arms to Ukraine to Destroy Russian Military

Sean Moran 10 Dec 2022

Incoming House Foreign Affairs Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) called for arms to Ukraine to help destroy the Russian military as public officials have increasingly warned about the prospect of a “major war” between the West and Russia.

CBS News asked McCaul about House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) claim that a House Republican majority would not send a “blank check” to Ukraine.

McCaul did not speak to any limitations on aid to Ukraine; instead, the Texas Republican spoke about how arming Ukraine is doing well to destroy the Russian military.

“I support Ukraine. I think going with the amount of investment we’ve had is very small relative to destroying the Russian military. And that’s what we’ve done without one American soldier being attacked, killed, or in country. To me, that’s a pretty good investment,” McCaul said in a Friday interview with CBS News.

McCaul then said that more aid to help Ukraine’s conflict with Russia will come with “oversight,” “transparency,” and “accountability.”

Asked if he favors sending heavier arms to Ukraine in its protracted war with Russia, he said, “One hundred percent because the longer you drag this out, the more bloodshed. And the will of the American people and the Congress will dwindle until we can get this thing over with.”

McCaul spoke after NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg warned on Friday that a full-blown “major war” between Russia and the West could possibly break out over Ukraine.

“I fear that the war in Ukraine will get out of control, and spread into a major war between NATO and Russia,” the NATO secretary general cautioned. However, he added that he believes that such a possibility could be avoided.

McCaul’s enthusiastic support for more arms to Ukraine remains in conflict with a near majority of Republican voters, who have said that they would like to decrease foreign aid to Ukraine.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/10/incoming-house-foreign-affairs-chairman-michael-mccaul-calls-for-more-arms-to-ukraine-to-destroy-russian-military/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In some respects,this is backasswards thinking.

Killing tens of thousands of Russian recruits does NOTHING but make a Chinese takeover of Russia easier,while destroying a people who,despite their alleged leadership,want to be free of communist rule.

What we SHOULD be focusing on it causing political upheaval in Russia to cause Putin and the hardline communists to lose power.

Yes,we CAN,and should do both,but the focus should be on the Neo-Soviet leadership,not the Privates who don't even want to be there.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

No more $$ to Ukraine.  Not our circus, not our war!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Surrender monkey.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Surrender monkey.

So our economy is suffering, we have supply issues and millions are coming across our open border, yet we are giving BILLIONS to Ukraine and you don't see anything wrong with that picture?

Who's the surrender monkey???
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 05:27:10 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So are economy is suffering, we have supply issues and millions are coming across our open border, yet we are giving BILLIONS to Ukraine and you don't see anything wrong with that picture?

@libertybele

Yeah,MUCH better to have the Neo-Soviet Union once again gain access to an ocean port,coal mines,oil wells,etc,etc,etc,while once again enslaving an entire nation. Hell,maybe it would even save lives in the long run,as Ukraine neighbors decide to surrender instead of fight because they KNOW they will receive no help from the west.

Yup,if there is ANYTHING that would keep the Neo-Soviets from acting like their ancestors and going on a crusade to enslave the planet,it would be to bow down and kiss their feet while letting them get away with invading and enslaving a free country.

And right now,WE don't even have to take part in any of the fighting. All we have to do is send them food and equipment and let them do their own fighting!

And who knows how much Neo-Soviet money Joe and Hunter will receive to spend on American ho's and other vital US goods if this happens?

Who's the surrender monkey???

You are,comrade.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:46:05 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Hoodat

Check the title again:

Incoming House Foreign Affairs Chairman Michael McCaul Calls for More Arms to Ukraine to Destroy Russian Military

Arms, not $$.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Check the title again:

Arms, not $$.

@Hoodat

Well,to be fair,military arms are not free. We,the US taxpayers had to pay US arms manufacturers to manufacture and ship them.

Which,of course means there were US jobs created or maintained in the process.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Yeah,MUCH better to have the Neo-Soviet Union once again gain access to an ocean port,coal mines,oil wells,etc,etc,etc,while once again enslaving an entire nation. Hell,maybe it would even save lives in the long run,as Ukraine neighbors decide to surrender instead of fight because they KNOW they will receive no help from the west.

Yup,if there is ANYTHING that would keep the Neo-Soviets from acting like their ancestors and going on a crusade to enslave the planet,it would be to bow down and kiss their feet while letting them get away with invading and enslaving a free country.

And right now,WE don't even have to take part in any of the fighting. All we have to do is send them food and equipment and let them do their own fighting!

And who knows how much Neo-Soviet money Joe and Hunter will receive to spend on American ho's and other vital US goods if this happens?

You are,comrade.

Nope, if you go back and look, I recently posted 2 articles.  One stated that arms are falling into the hands of the Russians and another stating that the UK (Europe) is questioning where all our billions are truly going.

This segment of the war has been ongoing for at least a decade and escalated once Joe got into office.  When Joe took office he started giving Zelenskyy $$ even before Putin escalated things.

This isn't our war. It's strictly political helping Z and Joe & Company line their pockets at the expense of Americans.

Offline libertybele

Check the title again:

Arms, not $$.

I read the article.  Arms cost $$ --- any way you look at it this adds to the billions that we've already given them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

I wonder what's going to happen with all those arms the US is flooding Eastern Europe with

12:15 PM · Dec 9, 2022

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ignoring Lessons Learned at Pearl Harbor

The Biden administration has missed the lessons of Dec. 7, 1941. Production of new B-21 stealth bombers has been cut from 150 aircraft to 100. While America’s defenses are gutted, our adversaries prepare for aggression. Pray we wake up before another Pearl Harbor.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,486837.0.html

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We should have just been giving them arms all along.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

We should have just been giving them arms all along.

We have been and arms going to Ukraine aren't being accounted for and they are falling into the wrong hands.  Other countries are also giving to Ukraine, but some European countries are refusing to assist them and IMHO rightfully so.  As I've stated several times, it is their war and a war that has been ongoing for at least a decade.  Joe and others are making $$ off this war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/01/us-weapons-ukraine-oversight/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/06/world/europe/ukraine-private-arms-deals.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/to-keep-helping-ukraine-eu-looks-to-lock-in-economic-aid-11667911568

https://apnews.com/article/europe-business-hungary-budapest-viktor-orban-cda12fb2b5f39d22b0a442652be6805d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_aid_to_Ukraine_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:20:48 pm by libertybele »

Offline Hoodat

Where are US weapons given to Ukraine showing up anywhere other than Ukraine?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I read the article.  Arms cost $$ --- any way you look at it this adds to the billions that we've already given them.
What, you mean we just do go out to the arms tree orchard and pick em? And where do those arms come from, our own defense stockpiles? So not only do we pay for them and give them away leaving us short supplied but we have to pay for them AGAIN to replace in our inventory. But hey that's what American wars have come down to, pumping up defense industries profits and I'm sure that none of our congress and senate members hold any defense industry stocks. There is only one way the politicians consider Americans, I'll let you guess who the taxpayer is in their view
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 08:48:25 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele complains:
"This isn't our war. It's strictly political helping Z and Joe & Company line their pockets at the expense of Americans."

This guy thinks as you do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEmI_FT4YHU
(can this really be 60 years old?)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nope, if you go back and look, I recently posted 2 articles.  One stated that arms are falling into the hands of the Russians and another stating that the UK (Europe) is questioning where all our billions are truly going.

This segment of the war has been ongoing for at least a decade and escalated once Joe got into office.  When Joe took office he started giving Zelenskyy $$ even before Putin escalated things.

This isn't our war. It's strictly political helping Z and Joe & Company line their pockets at the expense of Americans.

@libertybele

And Isolationship has always worked so well in the past to keep wars from spreading,right?

WARNING! There may be a slight trace of sarcasm in the above post!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@libertybele

And Isolationship has always worked so well in the past to keep wars from spreading,right?

WARNING! There may be a slight trace of sarcasm in the above post!
Pete, I could be wrong, Lord knows I often am, BUT every time since WII when has our government involved us in any war whether it was to stop the spread of communism, moslem extremism(is there any other kind) and terrorism and now again the advance of a communist dictator, that it has ever once turned out as something good for Americans other than a big ass payment of American LIVES, limbs and money? Okay so far in this anti communism crusade it's just money through direct payment or gifted weapons. My problem is that it's an ENORMOUS amount of American tax dollars and we haven't the slightest idea where a lot of it and the weapons are going, and this on top of Brandon's gift of $7 billion dollars to the terrorists in Afghanistan...remember when we thought that was a huge number? But here we are with no accounting of where our money went and there's a push to dump even more down the rabbit hole. I have concerns for my children and their children's children's children's children's paying for all this outrageous spending because payback is going to be a bitch!

Offline libertybele

Pete, I could be wrong, Lord knows I often am, BUT every time since WII when has our government involved us in any war whether it was to stop the spread of communism, moslem extremism(is there any other kind) and terrorism and now again the advance of a communist dictator, that it has ever once turned out as something good for Americans other than a big ass payment of American LIVES, limbs and money? Okay so far in this anti communism crusade it's just money through direct payment or gifted weapons. My problem is that it's an ENORMOUS amount of American tax dollars and we haven't the slightest idea where a lot of it and the weapons are going, and this on top of Brandon's gift of $7 billion dollars to the terrorists in Afghanistan...remember when we thought that was a huge number? But here we are with no accounting of where our money went and there's a push to dump even more down the rabbit hole. I have concerns for my children and their children's children's children's children's paying for all this outrageous spending because payback is going to be a bitch!

Great post @GtHawk   You are absolutely correct and I too worry about my children and grandchildren and their children. 

We have no idea who is coming across our southern border and Congress will not fund the dang border wall to finish it, yet, we are spending billions to defend Ukraine's borders. So, we're supposed to believe that this war is about containing Russia??