Author Topic: Trump Goes Scorched Earth on Biden's 'Unpatriotic Embarrassment,' Abandoning Marine Veteran  (Read 840 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Goes Scorched Earth on Biden's 'Unpatriotic Embarrassment,' Abandoning Marine Veteran
 By Jack Davis  December 8, 2022 at 2:01pm

Former President Donald Trump ripped into President Joe Biden on Thursday for the prisoner swap with Russia that left former Marine Paul Whelan behind.

The Biden administration announced that WNBA basketball star Brittney Griner would be released from Russia in exchange for Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer.

“What kind of a deal is it to swap Brittney Griner, a basketball player who openly hates our Country, for the man known as ‘The Merchant of Death,’ who is one of the biggest arms dealers anywhere in the World, and responsible for tens of thousands of deaths and horrific injuries,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform.

Griner, who plays for the WNBA’s Phoenix Mercury, was among the athletes who objected to the national anthem being played before games, according to the Arizona Republic.

As for Bout, he was convicted in 2011 of trying to kill American citizens through arms deals that included working with Al-Qaida and the Taliban, The New York Times reported.

Trump said the deal leaves behind an American who should have been released — Whelan.

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-goes-scorched-earth-bidens-unpatriotic-embarrassment-abandoning-marine-veteran/?ff_source=site&ff_medium=aggregator10&ff_campaign=can
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Well, Trump is absolutely correct. I keep flip-flopping back and forth (I know, I know) regarding Trump's rants.  This time he is absolutely justified.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline BellyAche

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline BellyAche

And then....

Trump has received backlash of his own in response to his comments -- including from Whelan’s brother David Whelan, who claims that Trump didn’t care at all about getting his brother released during the last two years of the former president’s term, which ended in 2020.

“Former President Trump appears to have mentioned my brother [Paul Whelan’s] wrongful detention more in the last 24 hours than he did in the 2 years of his presidency in which Paul was held hostage by #Russia (zero),” David Whelan tweeted Friday.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline libertybele

And then....

Trump has received backlash of his own in response to his comments -- including from Whelan’s brother David Whelan, who claims that Trump didn’t care at all about getting his brother released during the last two years of the former president’s term, which ended in 2020.

“Former President Trump appears to have mentioned my brother [Paul Whelan’s] wrongful detention more in the last 24 hours than he did in the 2 years of his presidency in which Paul was held hostage by #Russia (zero),” David Whelan tweeted Friday.

Thanks for the information @BellyAche . Definitely time to move on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And then....

So what?  BFD!!

This has nothing to do with "mentioning" Whelan's name for 2 years..you NT Goober.

It's about trading for an American-hating freak in lieu of an American warrior.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 07:21:55 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So what?  BFD!!

This has nothing to do with "mentioning" Whelan's name for 2 years..you NT Goober.

It's also about trading an American-hating freak for a global Amerian-hating killer.  It appears the principled haters now support not only negotiating with terrorists, but also negotiating on their behalf.  ---  We're living in interesting times @DCPatriot

"I turned down a deal with Russia for a one on one swap of the so-called Merchant of Death for Paul Whelan," Trump wrote on his Truth Social account Sunday night, referencing Bout’s nickname. "I wouldn’t have made the deal for a hundred people in exchange for someone that has killed untold numbers of people with his arms deals"

"I would have gotten Paul out, however, just as I did with a record number of other hostages. The deal for Griner is crazy and bad," Trump also said. "The taking wouldn’t have even happened during my Administration, but if it did, I would have gotten her out, fast!"

Offline LMAO

@DCPatriot

Exactly
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

@DCPatriot

Exactly

I am not seeking to cause dissention, believe me, but I read that Whelan received a dishonorable discharge and may not have been a "hero" per se. Has anyone else read that?

Whatever the case, he is an American citizen that could very well be held for no good reason. Unlike Griener, who broke their law.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's also about trading an American-hating freak for a global Amerian-hating killer.  It appears the principled haters now support not only negotiating with terrorists, but also negotiating on their behalf.  ---  We're living in interesting times @DCPatriot

@Right_in_Virginia

Really pisses me off!

Still tapping out replies using a single index finger...so mostly in lurk mode.

But every now and then they need a slap side the head
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.