Author Topic: Brittney Griner Negotiator Says Putin Overruled Double Swap at Last Minute  (Read 529 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Brittney Griner Negotiator Says Putin Overruled Double Swap at Last Minute
Story by Giulia Carbonaro • 5h ago

Brittney Griner negotiator Bill Richardson has expressed his sadness that Paul Whelan didn't come home together with the basketball star, adding that he thinks Russian President Vladimir Putin overruled his advisers at the end of negotiations, dismissing a "two-for-two" exchange of prisoners.

"I was sad that Paul Whelan was not part of it. I've been for four years trying to find formulas to get Paul back, but it always seems that, at the very end, there's a roadblock," Richardson, a former New Mexico governor and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, told CBC on Friday.

"I thought there would a be a 'two-for-two' exchange, Paul Whelan and Brittney for [Viktor] Bout, the Russian arms dealer, and somebody else, but at the last minute, I think President Putin decided, 'No, it's going to be 'one for one' or nothing.'"

Richardson, who admitted being "at the edge of negotiations," said President Biden made the right decision getting Griner back to the U.S., but added that efforts are continuing to get Whelan and other Americans imprisoned in Russia and other parts of the world back home.

Richardson told CBC that he traveled to Russia to negotiate the prisoner exchange with Russian officials he had met during his official government roles, but said that "eventually in Russia every decision is made by Putin."

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brittney-griner-negotiator-says-putin-overruled-double-swap-at-last-minute/ar-AA157B5M
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Brittney Griner Negotiator Says Putin Overruled Double Swap at Last Minute
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 05:11:11 pm »
That kind of contradicts the other stories going around that Biden turned down a swap for anyone BUT Griner.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 07:22:48 pm »
I assume this "negotiator" works for Sloe Joe.  IOW, he's lying.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 07:31:54 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 08:04:29 pm »
This was such a lopsided swap that it invites any belligerent party to kidnap Americans, thus putting any American traveling abroad at risk.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 08:06:57 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.