Author Topic: Stacey Abrams’ Non-Profit Reportedly Collecting Donations Without License  (Read 530 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Former Democratic Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams’ non-profit organization could potentially face criminal charges for allegedly collecting donations without a license.

The New Georgia Project has allegedly violated state laws, which some require non-profit organizations to file required financial disclosures with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) before collecting donations, according to the Washington Free Beacon. Abrams’ organization has continued collecting money through a campaign hosted by the fundraising platform ActBlue, despite having missed the Nov. 15 deadline to file its Form 990.

Records show that the New Georgia Project’s charity status has expired, according to the several states’ Secretary of State offices. In Tennessee, the non-profit’s status is labeled “expired,” and its status in Colorado says “EXPIRED-MAY NOT SOLICIT.” The offices in Mississippi and North Carolina have listed the New Georgia Project’s status as “expired.”

https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/06/stacey-abrams-new-georgia-project-donations-without-license/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Somebody prosecute her a$$ for this!  If the Trump Organization is going to be prosecuted for its own missteps, then so should Abrams.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Somebody prosecute her a$$ for this!  If the Trump Organization is going to be prosecuted for its own missteps, then so should Abrams.

Are you suggesting that Justice should be blind?  How quaint!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Alot of these states are Red too. Somebody better get off it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Are you suggesting that Justice should be blind?  How quaint!

Yes, I know.