Author Topic: Putin says one missile will trigger ‘hundreds’ of warheads in stark message on nuclear deterrence  (Read 536 times)

Offline libertybele

Putin says one missile will trigger ‘hundreds’ of warheads in stark message on nuclear deterrence

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday once again drew international attention when he warned that if even one missile enters Russian territory, "hundreds" of warheads will respond.

"I assure you, after the early warning system receives a signal of a missile attack, hundreds of our missiles are in the air," he said from a summit in Kyrgyzstan, reported Russian news outlet RIA. "It is impossible to stop them."

"There will be nothing left of the enemy, because it is impossible to intercept a hundred missiles. This, of course, is a deterrent – a serious deterrent," he added.
Russian President Vladimir Putin delivers an address to the participants of the Bolshaya Peremena All-Russian contest for school students via a video link at the Novo-Ogaryovo state residence, outside Moscow, on June 1, 2022. .........

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-says-one-missile-trigger-hundreds-warheads-stark-message-nuclear-deterrence
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Well, so far, the Ukrainians have been successfully using drones to hit military targets inside Russia, so that would appear to be hunky-dory with the Chief Orc.

Offline libertybele

Well, so far, the Ukrainians have been successfully using drones to hit military targets inside Russia, so that would appear to be hunky-dory with the Chief Orc.

Ukraine has every right to defend themselves, but be reminded that this has been an on going war.  I don't doubt Putin's capabilities nor do I think he's bluffing.  All the money that the U.S. and other have been throwing at Ukraine doesn't seem to be a deterrent to Russia.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 09:25:42 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And just like that, M.A.D. came back in style...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And just like that, M.A.D. came back in style...
The problem with M.A.D. is that thoses that are MAD like North Korea's Little Kimshi just don't care.

Offline libertybele

I'm afraid this world has become a ticking time bomb; between XI, Putin and Jong-Un, what could possibly go wrong?? They know that Joe is the weakest president the U.S. has ever had.