Author Topic: Climate change 'accelerating' brain infections, claims UK outlet the Telegraph  (Read 395 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate change 'accelerating' brain infections, claims UK outlet the Telegraph
NEWS
ANDREW CHAPADOSDecember 09, 2022

U.K. outlet the Telegraph recently published an article claiming that climate change is accelerating the advance of a Japanese brain infection due to increased mosquito breeding.

The journalist claims that the Japanese encephalitis virus that affects upwards of 68,000 people annually has seen an increase in infections because climate change is causing more monsoons, which is allowing for more stagnant water to be breeding grounds for mosquitoes that spread the disease in Asia.

The article reads, "JEV is becoming more common in northeast India as the region contends with intensifying monsoon seasons and storms – the fallout of climate change."

The article also blames a "rise in global temperatures" that has "shortened the life cycle of mosquitoes, experts say, which means the bugs breed at a faster rate."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/climate-change-accelerating-brain-virus
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :3: :banghead: :drunk:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There used to be an excellent deterrent to mosquitos...DDT