Author Topic: Inflation Surges Past Expectations Again  (Read 652 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation Surges Past Expectations Again
« on: December 09, 2022, 03:32:50 pm »
Inflation Surges Past Expectations Again

Spencer Brown
 |  December 09, 2022 10:15 AM

In one of the final economic reports of 2022, the Biden administration again saw the fruit of its "build back better" policy efforts in the Producer Price Index's hotter-than-expected read for November. 

The PPI report — measuring inflation upstream from consumers — showed an increase of 0.3 percent in November's headline number for an advance of 7.4 percent over the previous 12 months while 7.2 percent PPI inflation had been the consensus estimate. 

Among the items that drove inflation past estimates, specifically in the increased costs for final demand goods, was the index for fresh and dry vegetables that spiked 38.1 percent in November, while prices for eggs and meats also increased.

Notably, as seen in the chart below showing the PPI month-over-month changes, increases have moderated from their 40-year highs earlier in 2022 but the headline number has remained steady since the summer while core PPI inflation — excluding more-volatile food and energy prices for producers — is again turning upward. 

more

https://twitter.com/KathyJones/status/1601209015668592641

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/12/09/inflation-surges-past-expectations-again-n2616960
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Inflation Surges Past Expectations Again
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 03:35:26 pm »
Past whose expectations?  The willfully blind?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 03:52:26 pm »
Past whose expectations?  The willfully blind?

Blind indeed. 

If any one truly thinks this nation's inflation rate is 7.4%.....  Let me know.

I just ran the numbers for 2023 planned ( I do a normal, austere, and emergency) budget, and very precisely my  anticipated costs are up 13.12%.  And that takes out all the costs associated with having an old infirmed pet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 04:00:41 pm »
Just went to the grocery store ... still much inflation and supply chain disruption.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 10:56:39 pm »
Crude oil has been creeping downward over the last week or two.

It's at $71 right now, I'm thinking we may see it drop below $70 next week.

How long has it been since crude was in "the 60's" ...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 11:25:25 am »
Crude oil has been creeping downward over the last week or two.

It's at $71 right now, I'm thinking we may see it drop below $70 next week.

How long has it been since crude was in "the 60's" ...?
Low prices are their own cure. We aren't producing enough for our own use now, and that will only make that worse. (Think someone might have planned it that way?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 11:26:06 am »
Just went to the grocery store ... still much inflation and supply chain disruption.
$7+ for a modestly sized head of cauliflower...fuhgeddaboutit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 02:25:39 am »
Low prices are their own cure. We aren't producing enough for our own use now, and that will only make that worse. (Think someone might have planned it that way?)

Indeed, and yes, someone planned it that way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.