Author Topic: Inside the Herschel Walker campaign fiasco  (Read 1221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inside the Herschel Walker campaign fiasco
« on: December 09, 2022, 03:21:46 pm »
Inside the Herschel Walker campaign fiasco
Emma Hurt

Back in August during the heat of one of the most important Senate races in the country, Herschel Walker's campaign staffers were preoccupied with a dog.

Why it matters: Walker's scandal-plagued Georgia Senate campaign was as chaotic and troubled behind the scenes as it seemed from the outside, according to conversations with nearly a dozen campaign officials.

"Alvin the Beagle" was a star of Sen. Raphael Warnock's campaign ads, and Walker and his wife, Julie Blanchard Walker, wanted the world to know that Alvin wasn't Warnock's dog.
    Incredulous staff ultimately complied with crafting a digital ad on the subject to appease them.

Staffers allege Blanchard Walker — aided by unpaid campaign co-chair Michele Braddock-Beagle — ran a "shadow campaign" and refused to cede control of key strategy decisions to experienced, paid staff.

"I don't think any of us has been OK," one campaign official told Axios. "It was just an effing roller coaster all the way through."
    Staffers said they had incomplete or no warning on the scandals that plagued Walker.
    Most still don't know what to believe of his many denials.

The other side: In response to a request for comment to Blanchard Walker, Timmy Teepell, who identified himself as a Walker campaign senior strategist, said:

“This coordinated attack by disgruntled anonymous campaign staffers is unseemly, dishonest and unethical.  Julie is a professional, energetic, and unwavering defender of her husband as she should be, and Herschel was a tireless campaigner who outworked everyone.“
    “The cowardly folks engaged in this dishonest whisper campaign should quit politics for the good of the country.”

A request for comment to Braddock-Beagle was not returned.

more
https://www.axios.com/2022/12/09/herschel-walker-campaign-georgia-senate-runoff
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Inside the Herschel Walker campaign fiasco
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 04:02:54 pm »
 ////00000////

Run a Texas carpetbagger with CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) for US Senate in Georgia.  What could possibly go wrong?

In the Werewolf vs Vampire debate, he ignored Mummies, Frankenstein, and Godzilla.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:05:25 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 04:11:25 pm »

"Alvin the Beagle" was a star of Sen. Raphael Warnock's campaign ads

I guess this one got past Faucii.......   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 04:11:26 pm »
The other side: In response to a request for comment to Blanchard Walker, Timmy Teepell, who identified himself as a Walker campaign senior strategist, said:

“This coordinated attack by disgruntled anonymous campaign staffers is unseemly, dishonest and unethical.  Julie is a professional, energetic, and unwavering defender of her husband as she should be, and Herschel was a tireless campaigner who outworked everyone.“
    “The cowardly folks engaged in this dishonest whisper campaign should quit politics for the good of the country.”

The only worthwhile statements in this article.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 04:14:27 pm »
"In the Werewolf vs Vampire debate, he ignored Mummies, Frankenstein, and Godzilla."

I'm for Gojira!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:16:54 pm by BellyAche »
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 04:15:43 pm »
////00000////

Run a Texas carpetbagger with CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) for US Senate in Georgia.  What could possibly go wrong?

That word 'carpetbaggger'.  I don't think it means what you think it means.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 04:18:09 pm »
So, Warnock had a dog named alvie the beagle. And Walker had a staffer named beagle, but in name only?

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 04:32:00 pm »
There tends to be grumbling with campaign staff after a loss. However it's viewed, Walker was till a weak candidate. He could have outworked his staff and gotten unfailing support from his wife but this couldn't erase his inexperience, lack of political skill, and public speaking miscues. His concession speech was well done.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 05:19:04 pm »
Public speaking miscues?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 06:00:35 pm »
Public speaking miscues?

To me miscues are rambling speeches. (The reference has been referred to elsewhere.) Walker's "chit-chat" way of speaking was rather adolescent for a Senatorial candidate. He just didn't have the background to be successful and has some ugly baggage to boot (personal and professional), known by his consultants before he ran for office.

Choosing to rehash the plot of a film he said he recently watched late at night, whose title he remembered as “Fright Night, Freak Night, or some type of night”, he said in rambling remarks: “I don’t know if you know, but vampires are some cool people, are they not? But let me tell you something that I found out: a werewolf can kill a vampire. Did you know that? I never knew that."

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 07:32:02 pm »
To me miscues are rambling speeches. (The reference has been referred to elsewhere.) Walker's "chit-chat" way of speaking was rather adolescent for a Senatorial candidate. He just didn't have the background to be successful and has some ugly baggage to boot (personal and professional), known by his consultants before he ran for office.

Did you watch his debate performance?  He mopped the floor with Warnock.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 08:06:29 pm »
Personal opinion about a human being is a personal opinion. I've watched/heard Walker throughout the campaign. To my mind he's an uneducated man who ran on name recognition only. Everyone has their opinion and way of seeing things. I've no more to say about someone I see as unfit for office. Onward to the next chapter!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 08:11:49 pm »
Personal opinion about a human being is a personal opinion. I've watched/heard Walker throughout the campaign. To my mind he's an uneducated man who ran on name recognition only. Everyone has their opinion and way of seeing things. I've no more to say about someone I see as unfit for office. Onward to the next chapter!

From what I hear, a lot of Georgians agreed with you, and the election results concur. I'm sure he's a great guy. He has a future at fox if he wants.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 08:22:16 pm »
Personal opinion about a human being is a personal opinion. I've watched/heard Walker throughout the campaign. To my mind he's an uneducated man who ran on name recognition only.

I agree with that.  But he also exceeded expectations.  He was knowledgeable on the issues, and handled himself well during the campaign.  Maybe if the State GOP had gotten behind him instead of working against him, he would have won.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 08:49:49 pm »
Walker also got outspent by Warnock 3-1 in campaign money, that doesn't even include outside spending.

Warnock barely won a runoff.

Most of the major GOP candidates got outspent by as much 8-1 and still came within single digits.

Why were our candidates so underfunded?
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 09:41:49 pm »
Walker also got outspent by Warnock 3-1 in campaign money, that doesn't even include outside spending.

Most of the major GOP candidates got outspent by as much 8-1 and still came within single digits.

Why were our candidates so underfunded?

Ask Turdle and the boatload he sent MurCOWski as one example.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 09:50:59 pm »

Exactly.  McConnell strikes again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 09:58:54 pm »

Definitely part of it. But we had great Governor candidates like Tudor Dixon that barely had the money to run a statewide campaign for a state like Michigan. She was outraised 5-1 and only lost by a 5 point swing.

That doesn't include the outside groups.

Where the heck was Ronna?
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 10:04:52 pm »

The Dems funneled $175 million into that race.  The US Senate is up for sale.  The only question that remains is how much of that $175 million came from the Inflation Reduction Act?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2022, 10:16:48 pm »
The only question that remains is how much of that $175 million came from the Inflation Reduction Act?

Guessing whatever they needed that they couldn't funnel from the Ukraine and FTX.
The Republic is lost.