Author Topic: Flanked by Union Allies, Biden Touts $36 Billion Pension Bailout  (Read 461 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flanked by Union Allies, Biden Touts $36 Billion Pension Bailout
« on: December 09, 2022, 12:00:04 am »

Flanked by Union Allies, Biden Touts $36 Billion Pension Bailout
Story by Akayla Gardner, Jenny Leonard

(Bloomberg) -- President Joe Biden announced a $36 billion bailout for the Central States Pension Fund, one of the nation’s biggest multi-employer plans, touting the help for union workers and retirees as he looks to mend ties with organized labor after a contentious rail deal.

The money would “prevent drastic cuts to workers’ hard-earned pension benefits, cuts that have been scheduled to occur within the next few years,” Biden said at the White House on Thursday. “It’s not going to happen — the cuts are not going to occur.”

The event — where Biden was joined by International Brotherhood of Teamsters President Sean O’Brien and AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler, as well as Labor Secretary Marty Walsh — gave the president an opportunity to try to ease frictions with labor groups after he forced a contentious contract on freight-rail workers last week. 

Biden said the aid would help 350,000 union workers and retirees, who would have faced benefit cuts estimated at 60% over the next few years.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-to-announce-36-billion-for-ailing-teamsters-pension-fund/ar-AA152VEL
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Flanked by Union Allies, Biden Touts $36 Billion Pension Bailout
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 12:15:24 am »
It would be nice if we had a curious press that would ask were this money is gonna come from. They never seem to have any problem asking that question when it comes to cutting taxes.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 12:22:20 am »
More of my money going to provide something for someone else that I, myself, do not have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 03:12:47 am »
It would be nice if we had a curious press that would ask were this money is gonna come from. They never seem to have any problem asking that question when it comes to cutting taxes.

Also to ask where the money from contributions has gone to.