Author Topic: St. Louis mayor signs executive order launching commission to study reparations to Black residents  (Read 458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 December 8, 2022 4:08pm EST
St. Louis mayor signs executive order launching commission to study reparations to Black residents
St. Louis joins a list of other cities looking into how to make amends for past harms against Black Americans

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones will appoint a reparations commission to hold hearings on how to make amends for past treatment of Black Americans.

The panel will hold monthly meetings and has no stated deadline for recommendations. Jones, a Democrat, signed an executive order Wednesday establishing a volunteer commission that will recommend how the city should make reparations. 

The nine-member commission will include at least one civil rights advocate, clergy member, attorney, academic, public health professional and a youth, the mayor's office said.

"The people closest to the problems are closest to the solution," Jones said in a statement. "I look forward to reviewing this commission’s work to chart a course that restores the vitality of Black communities in our city after decades of disinvestment. We cannot succeed as a city if one half is allowed to fail." The statement does not detail how any reparations might be funded. 

Missouri NAACP President Nimrod Chapel Jr. said segregation and racism have "without a doubt" harmed Blacks in St. Louis and elsewhere in the state.

"Reparations would be one way to begin, and it’s important to consider all the options," Chapel said.

President Biden has signed support for reparations, despite low public support. 

Last year, Evanston, Illinois became the first city to pay reparations to Black residents. Eligible Black households will get $25,000 for home repairs, down payments on property, and interest or late penalties on property in the city.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-mayor-executive-order-launching-reparations-commission-black-residents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
First California.
Then New York.
Now... Missouri.
It's... spreading.

You watch.
This is gonna catch on... like wildfire.
It may soon become a "national" movement for blacks -- march on Washington, etc.

How are the white folks gonna fight back...?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:37:09 am by Fishrrman »

Offline LMAO

From the article….
Missouri NAACP President Nimrod Chapel Jr. said segregation and racism have "without a doubt" harmed Blacks in St. Louis and elsewhere in the state.

Wrong

It’s Black people that are harming Black people in St. Louis

This is “Great Society  pt 2” that’s gonna fail the same way
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 06:47:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy