Author Topic: House Passes Anti-Christian ‘Respect for Marriage Act,’ Sends Bill to Biden’s Desk  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Passes Anti-Christian ‘Respect for Marriage Act,’ Sends Bill to Biden’s Desk

Katherine Hamilton8 Dec 20220
3:28

The House passed the so-called “Respect for Marriage Act” without strong religious liberty protections on Thursday, sending the same-sex marriage bill to President Joe Biden’s desk for approval.

The legislation passed 258-169 with the help of 39 Republicans. All Democrats voted for the bill’s passage, one lawmaker voted “present” and four did not vote.

https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1600889668790145025

Craig Caplan
@CraigCaplan
39 House Republicans voted Yes in support of the final version of the Respect for Marriage Act including House GOP Conference Chair Stefanik, former chair Cheney and Outgoing NRCC Chair/Incoming Majority Whip Emmer.

https://clerk.house.gov/evs/2022/roll5

The vote comes a week after the Senate voted 61-36, with the help of 12 Senate Republicans, to advance the bill with the addition of a bipartisan amendment some lawmakers claim will protect religious liberty. However, faith advocates say that the amendment is basically useless and that the Respect for Marriage Act could be used to target Americans who believe that marriage is between one man and one woman.

The Senate notably rejected a religious liberty amendment from Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) that would have prevented religious organizations from being targeted by the federal government under the law. Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) proposed an identical amendment to Lee’s in the House and was also rejected.

President Joe Biden released a statement following the bill’s passage, saying he would “promptly and proudly” sign it into law.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/08/house-passes-anti-christian-respect-for-marriage-act-sends-bill-to-bidens-desk/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 08:16:23 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Republicans voting for it:
Kelly Armstrong (N.D.) 
Don Bacon (Neb.) 
Ken Calvert (Calif.) 
Kat Cammack (Fla.)
Mike Carey (Ohio) 
Liz Cheney (Wyo.) 
John Curtis (Utah) 
Rodney Davis (Ill.) 
Tom Emmer (Minn.) 
Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.)
Mike Gallagher (Wisc.)
Andrew Garbarino (N.Y.) 
Mike Garcia (Calif.) 
Carlos Gimenez (Fla.) 
Tony Gonzales (Texas) 
Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio) 
Jamie Herrera Beutler (Wash.)
Ashley Hinson (Iowa) 
Darrell Issa (Calif.) 
Chris Jacobs (N.Y.) 
David Joyce (Ohio) 
John Katko (N.Y.) 
Nancy Mace (S.C.) 
Nicole Malliotakis (N.Y.) 
Peter Meijer (Mich.) 
Mariannette Miller-Meeks (Iowa) 
Blake Moore (Utah) 
Dan Newhouse (Wash.) 
Jay Obernolte (Calif.) 
Tom Rice (S.C.) 
Mike Simpson (Idaho) 
Elise Stefanik (N.Y.) 
Bryan Steil (Wis.) 
Chris Stewart (Utah) 
Mike Turner (Ohio) 
Fred Upton (Mich.) 
David Valadao (Calif.) 
Ann Wagner (Mo.) 
Michael Waltz (Fla.) 

Here’s a list of House Republicans who previously voted for the bill but voted against it on Thursday:

Cliff Bentz (Ore.)
Mario Diaz-Balart (Fla.)
Brian Mast (Fla.)
Dan Meuser (Pa.)
Scott Perry (Pa.)
Tom Rice (S.C.)
Maria Elvira Salazar (Fla.)
Jefferson Van Drew (N.J.)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/12/08/same-sex-marriage-bill-threatening-religious-freedom-heads-bidens-desk/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Two Iowa Reps voted for it, including my own Miller-Meeks.  9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:02:48 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Jean-Pierre says the White House is having a massive celebration for signing of the "Respect for Marriage Act" tomorrow with "thousands" attending, as well as "musical guests and performances"

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1602411975341969412

Apparently, drag queens will be in attendance.

https://twitter.com/MaryMargOlohan/status/1602423852692389889
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

I think it shows exactly who’s winning the culture war.  It’s certainly not conservatives.

Offline Hoodat

Yet another leftist bill that the Republican could have easily blocked, but chose not to.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

I think it shows exactly who’s winning the culture war.  It’s certainly not conservatives.

No and it's becoming downright frightening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
1 Rep here, and the damned fool voted for it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
One of the highest concentrations of alphabet folks is in Washington DC. I have little doubt Capitol Hill is loaded with them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis