Author Topic: UK To Import Shale Gas From U.S. After Banning Fracking At Home  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UK To Import Shale Gas From U.S. After Banning Fracking At Home
« on: December 08, 2022, 04:44:30 pm »
WRITTEN BY KURT ZINDULKA ON DEC 8, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

UK To Import Shale Gas From U.S. After Banning Fracking At Home

wind uk rishi sunakPrime Minister Rishi Sunak’s plan to increase imports of American natural gas has been branded as “expensive hypocrisy” in light of his decision to ban fracking in the United Kingdom.

On Wednesday, Rishi Sunak and President Joe Biden will announce the UK-US Energy Security and Affordability Partnership, in which the United States will seek to export at least nine to ten billion cubic meters of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to Britain over the next year. [emphasis, links added]

The deal was struck in the hopes of preventing energy blackouts in the UK as well as further diminishing reliance on Russian gas.

In a joint statement ahead of the official announcement, Biden and Sunak said per the Daily Mail:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/uk-to-import-shale-gas-from-u-s-after-banning-fracking-at-home/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 04:46:25 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: UK To Import Shale Gas From U.S. After Banning Fracking At Home
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 04:48:15 pm »
Makes perfect sense to me. :mauslaff: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 10:48:48 pm »
Why are we sending gas needed here to the Brits?

It's "needed here" to increase supply to meet demand -- and by doing so, lower prices.

NO domestically-produced energy should be exported, until there is a deemed surplus of it here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 10:18:24 am »
Oh, bloody Hell.

Can you say "NIMBY"?

(I knew you could...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis