Author Topic: Project Overmatch: US Navy preps to deploy secretive multidomain tech  (Read 227 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Project Overmatch: US Navy preps to deploy secretive multidomain tech
By Megan Eckstein and Colin Demarest
 Dec 8, 06:00 AM

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy is moving quickly to link its fleet through its Project Overmatch initiative, which has been kept almost entirely secret for two years.

Shielded from public view, the service has undertaken a flurry of work: simulating current pathways for data, writing software code to close gaps, testing it in a lab and at sea, and providing feedback to coders to improve future iterations.

Rear Adm. Doug Small, who leads both Naval Information Warfare Systems Command and Project Overmatch, told Defense News this high-priority effort remains on track for a planned deployment of the new capabilities to a carrier strike group in 2023.

Project Overmatch is the Navy’s contribution to the Pentagon’s multibillion-dollar Joint All-Domain Command and Control effort — a push to reliably connect forces across land, air, sea, space and cyberspace as well as enable seamless international collaboration.

https://www.defensenews.com/outlook/2022/12/05/project-overmatch-us-navy-preps-to-deploy-secretive-multidomain-tech/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline I-ambush

Re: Project Overmatch: US Navy preps to deploy secretive multidomain tech
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 04:55:26 am »
Will this technology keep our ships from crashing into cargo vessels or undersea topography?