Author Topic: More than two-thirds of shoppers struggling to pay for groceries  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More than two-thirds of shoppers struggling to pay for groceries
« on: December 08, 2022, 03:09:30 pm »
   Dec. 7, 2022 / 7:03 PM
More than two-thirds of shoppers struggling to pay for groceries
By Joe Fisher

Dec. 7 (UPI) -- Grocery bills are too expensive for the average American and customers are changing their shopping habits, according to a survey released Wednesday.

The True Cost of a Grocery Shop survey conducted by Swiftly, a retail technologies company, was given to a random pool of 1,500 participants. Results measured the habits of consumers and how they navigate inflation as it drives up grocery costs.

The survey found that more than two-thirds of consumers are struggling to afford groceries. About 83% of respondents said they rely on coupons or some form of customer rewards when they shop.

"Simply put, food costs are too high," Swiftly said in a release.

Online shopping and grocery delivery services gained some level of popularity before and throughout the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic. The trend has not held in 2022. About one-third of consumers find themselves shopping in-store more than they did last year.

Three-quarters of respondents said they have changed their overall grocery shopping habits in the last year. This may include selecting more affordable alternatives from the shelf, searching for deals or even foregoing certain items.

more
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/12/07/swiftly-true-cost-grocery-survey/6951670456855/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: More than two-thirds of shoppers struggling to pay for groceries
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 03:22:52 pm »
Yet Republicans couldn't turn that into votes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Re: More than two-thirds of shoppers struggling to pay for groceries
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 04:05:39 pm »
I ain't gone for store bough groceries for about a month and a half.

I am a little worried what it is going to cost this go around. I bet I go over 500 bucks.