Author Topic: Is the MAGA Brand Dead or Is Its Pronouncement Premature? It's Time for Honest Questions and Answers  (Read 212 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is the MAGA Brand Dead or Is Its Pronouncement Premature? It's Time for Honest Questions and Answers
By Mike Miller | 9:15 AM on December 08, 2022

As I begin, I’m well aware that few minds will be challenged. After all, that’s the state of politics in today’s America. Reality suggests that instead of asking and answering serious questions — including of ourselves — we tend to read and watch only political “news” and commentary with which we already agree.

Within days of the disappointing midterm results — including Herschel Walker’s loss to Raphael Warnock in the Georgia Senate run-off election on Tuesday — one narrative suggested that given the losses suffered by Republicans endorsed by Donald Trump and the strong re-election victory by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, so-called party “insiders” will work to clear the path for a DeSantis presidential nomination in 2024.

A second narrative suggests that because all previous efforts —  dating back to 2015 — by GOP party leaders to derail Trump have failed, the MAGA Republicans will step into the breach and not only propel the former president to the 2024 nomination but to victory in the election, as well. And one thing is certain: If Trump is to be denied the nomination, he will not go quietly.

So, after the Devil went down to Georgia and “stole” the run-off election, the battle lines have hardened.

As the Republican Party stands at a crossroads, honest questions must be answered honestly, while the silly name-calling and blame game must be cast aside; that is, if the GOP is to not only win the White House in 2024 but also recapture the Senate and build a stronger majority in the House. Otherwise, the Republicans — and more importantly, conservatism — will again fall victim to Einstein’s observation: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/12/08/is-the-maga-brand-dead-or-is-its-pronouncement-premature-its-time-for-honest-questions-and-answers-n670301
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It needs to grow and evolve past Trump. DeSantis among others is the leader of this new wave, more focused, more in tune with the issues, more silent assassin.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
"A second narrative suggests that because all previous efforts —  dating back to 2015 — by GOP party leaders to derail Trump have failed, the MAGA Republicans will step into the breach and not only propel the former president to the 2024 nomination but to victory in the election, as well. And one thing is certain: If Trump is to be denied the nomination, he will not go quietly."

===================================================================================

I said about a month ago, that if Trump somehow loses the nomination, he'll take a 3rd party approach and screw us all.

That's how narcissitic he is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.