Author Topic: BREAKING: Disgraced crypto bro Sam Bankman-Fried under criminal investigation by DOJ  (Read 612 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
     Dec 7, 2022

BREAKING: Disgraced crypto bro Sam Bankman-Fried under criminal investigation by DOJ

Sam Bankman-Fried, the disgraced former CEO of the collapsing cryptocurrency company FTX, is being criminally investigated by the Justice Department.

Joshua Young
Youngsville North Carolina
Dec 7, 2022

Sam Bankman-Fried, the disgraced former CEO of the collapsing cryptocurrency company FTX, is being investigated by the Justice Department for potentially manipulating the market in a way that led two interrelated cryptocurrency companies to collapse in a chain that eventually led to his own company's downfall.

The New York Times reports that Bankman-Fried manipulated the currencies of two crypto companies, TerraUSD and Luna, in order to benefit FTX and Alameda Research, which was run by Caroline Ellison, who was in an on-again, off-again relationship with Bankman-Fried.

The investigation into the two companies is part of a deeper look into how $8 billion of FTX customer funds inexplicably vanished in November. At the same time, Bankman-Fried had a personal net worth of around $16 billion but that reportedly has diminished by 94 percent and he resigned from his position on November 11.

The Securities and Exchange Commission and Federal authorities have also been investigating if FTX broke the law when Bankman-Fried transferred money from FTX to Alameda.

TerraUSD was known as a stablecoin, a term usually in reference to a crypto being backed by the US dollar. But TerraUSD's stability was rooted not in the dollar, but in a value based out of another digital coin called Luna. Traders within the crypto ecosystem could mint the coins and it would affect their value.

If the price of TerraUSD would fall, traders could create more Luna to take advantage of the difference. Authorities are looking into Bankman-Fried as taking advantage of this dynamic.

Earlier today, it was revealed Bankman-Fried had not been subpoenaed to testify in Congress before Maxine Waters and the House Financial Services Committee. Waters had invited him to participate in a December 13 hearing to discuss his company's implosion, however she has since made it clear that no subpoena had been issued.

more
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-disgraced-crypto-bro-sam-bankman-fried-under-criminal-investigation-by-doj
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Finally. Took them long enough.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Probably had to finish the scrubbing of the FTX-Ukraine-Rats financial pipeline.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Yep after burning up 50 shredders, and hiring 10 Server Scrubbers......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yep after burning up 50 shredders, and hiring 10 Server Scrubbers......

Yeah I wonder if that's what it was... he just needed time to destroy the evidence of connections.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Doesn't matter what he/they have scrubbed, I'm sure it won't be long before we read bout his sad demise by suicide.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Whoop de do.  He'll end up skating because he bought his freedom in advance from the Dems.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: