Author Topic: LIZ PEEK: Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary  (Read 11886 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: LIZ PEEK: Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2022, 01:23:58 am »
   At least Reagan beat Carter your guy couldn't even beat bidet.

And then buried Reagan's populist conservatism under decades of talk     

Online Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2022, 01:26:51 am »
And then buried Reagan's populist conservatism under decades of talk

Who?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2022, 01:30:06 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2022, 01:39:17 am »
He may be a Nationalist, and a populist, but he has never been the defining face of Conservatism.

@Smokin Joe

Which is speaking highly of him,given that at one time in recent history the Bush Clan was  said to hold  that crown.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2022, 01:44:19 am »
Who?

Every 'conservative" politician and leader who took the stage after Reagan.  Prove me wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2022, 01:48:25 am »
Conservatives have lost the public.  They have become the equivalent of political clutter ------  good at talking and nothing else.  They are being replaced.  Our national survival demands it.

@Right_in_Virginia

Sad,but true,and it is the RINO's working with the Dims and the media that we have to "thank" for this.

Online corbe

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2022, 01:53:03 am »

The list of Conservatives that Trump and the gop have laid to waste is impressive indeed, you should be proud RiV.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2022, 01:56:18 am »
   Yall made it plain in 16 that you didn't need US Conservatives to beat hellary.  I took your advice then and in 20.

@corbe 

"US Conservatives"

Please define WHO you include in that group.

Online corbe

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2022, 02:04:00 am »
@corbe 

"US Conservatives"

Please define WHO you include in that group.

People who knew that you can take the kid out of liberal NY but you can't take the liberal NY out of the kid.  @sneakypete   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2022, 02:13:37 am »
  People who knew that you can take the kid out of liberal NY but you can't take the liberal NY out of the kid.  @sneakypete

@corbe

More accurately, fools that don't understand that if you are going to work in high finance,you have to work where the banks and the stock markets are.

Online corbe

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2022, 02:16:45 am »
@corbe

More accurately, fools that don't understand that if you are going to work in high finance,you have to work where the banks and the stock markets are.

I have worked for some of the biggest corporations on this planet @sneakypete and though I took the paycheck they never bought my soul.

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2022, 02:24:26 am »

This is so silly.   Some of the most pro-America patriots were once liberals.  Ronald Reagan's at the top of this list.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2022, 02:24:26 am »
There's an old (and recent) sports adage, is that  you can go 18-4 as a pitcher all year, and not win the big game and choke in the clutch....   You a'int worth $30.000,000 a year. 

Pete....   Oz and Walker were the "big game". Trump choked and help lose us the senate. Those easily could have been the 50th and 51st GOP Senators if a decent vetted conservative hadn't been blocked by Trump and Hannity

I'm trying to connect dots here but having trouble figuring out how corrupt to the core elections are Trumps fault.  Please enlighten me @catfish1957
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2022, 02:33:40 am »
   He was top dog for 4 years and had his party running the Senate and House for the first two of those 4 years (granted covid). 
   But I ask you @Bigun if that combination can't fix something so screwed up, wtf can?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2022, 02:35:35 am »
@Smokin Joe

Which is speaking highly of him,given that at one time in recent history the Bush Clan was  said to hold  that crown.

@sneakypete

In exactly the same way Tumpy did = Falsely.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2022, 02:36:13 am »
The bottom line, though, is that the vast majority of Trump backed candidates won.
Only because the vast majority of those candidates were incumbents, who had a banner year because they figured out how to ensure re-election.

Excluding the incumbents, the other candidates lost horribly.

That alone should be proof that the Trump cult of personality is about Trump himself, and doesn't transfer to anyone else.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2022, 02:37:44 am »
This is so silly.   Some of the most pro-America patriots were once liberals.  Ronald Reagan's at the top of this list.

Reagan was once a Democrat. He was never a liberal.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2022, 02:38:13 am »

The list of Conservatives that Trump and the gop have laid to waste is impressive indeed, you should be proud RiV.

I was a Fred Head in '08.  Him bailing sure deflated my interest in that election.  I thought McCain sucked...even then.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2022, 02:42:37 am »
   He was top dog for 4 years and had his party running the Senate and House for the first two of those 4 years (granted covid). 
   But I ask you @Bigun if that combination can't fix something so screwed up, wtf can?

Nothing @corbe when there is no desire to fix anything on the part of the entire federal bureaucracy and both major political parties.  They LIKE their swamp just as it is and no draining is to be allowed.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:43:55 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2022, 02:51:43 am »
   Yea Trump and his spending were a big problem, but the only thing he said during his campaigne on the Deficit/Budget was 'I could wipe this all out in 8 years', I think he believed that, I know his followers did.  The real problem is with the party that gave us mccain, romney and Trump, therein lies the problem.  Trump will lay waste to them too as he loses in 2024.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2022, 03:06:07 am »
Conservatives have lost the public.  They have become the equivalent of political clutter ------  good at talking and nothing else.  They are being replaced.  Our national survival demands it.
Conservatives have been subject to media assault, slander, and lies for far longer than Trump has, misrepresented in fact and fiction as "extremists". Roll back the clock to 1970 and Conservatives were mainstream. What changed? Leftist indoctrination for three generations has moved the "middle" seriously to the left.

As for this region, though, anywhere outside major urban enclaves, the principles most Conservatives live by just do not go out of style.

Now look at where crime, drugs, sexual aberration, and blatant corruption are the highest, and you will find why where people know their neighbors and cannot hide behind the anonymity of the Great Herds of urbanity, conservatism, and the general lack of crime rule. The chances of a criminal getting caught, prosecuted, and convicted are greater in more rural settings.

Now, consider all the Media feeds almost all come from urban settings, and if you want to believe the Bolshevik style line that Conservatism is going out of style, that's on you. I'd rather not be suckered into thinking the fight is lost before it has even started.

YMMV.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2022, 03:06:50 am »
And this, boys and girls, is how we ended up with Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, Ronna McDaniel as RNC Chair, Bob Barr as AG, Elaine Ciao as Secretary of Transportation, Christopher Wray as FBI Director, and Mitch McConnell as Senate Minority Leader.

:thumbsup:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2022, 03:08:07 am »
Only because the vast majority of those candidates were incumbents, who had a banner year because they figured out how to ensure re-election.

Excluding the incumbents, the other candidates lost horribly.

That alone should be proof that the Trump cult of personality is about Trump himself, and doesn't transfer to anyone else.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2022, 03:19:17 am »
Reagan was once a Democrat. He was never a liberal.

Pro-abortion, union leader who called union membership ‘One Of The Most Elemental Human Rights’ seems pretty liberal to me.  But, to his credit, he changed his mind later in life.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 03:52:02 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2022, 03:50:44 am »
Conservatives have been subject to media assault, slander, and lies for far longer than Trump has, misrepresented in fact and fiction as "extremists". Roll back the clock to 1970 and Conservatives were mainstream. What changed? Leftist indoctrination for three generations has moved the "middle" seriously to the left.

Understood @Smokin Joe   

But, stop the clock at 1988 ----- and one finds the blueprint for advancing conservatism as a national political platform where it sat untouched ---  until Donald Trump dusted it off and brought back "Make America Great Again" to patriots waiting decades for it.

Post-Reagan conservatives still think they know better.  It is why they are unsuccessful.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 03:53:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »