Author Topic: Ted Cruz's daughter OK, family asks for privacy after police called to senator's home  (Read 3240 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
After doing it several times you don’t feel the pain. That is the way it is with self harm

@Gefn

I will argue with that. They do it BECAUSE of the pain. There is something brewing inside their skulls that makes them want to punish themselves,and the pain gives them a temporary relief from whatever it is that drives them to think they need to be  punished.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Whatever school she's in, get her out of it and homeschool like Hell. It's the only way to stop the leftward march.

@jmyrlefuller

And when is he home to do this? At BEST,he can hire assistants to do it for him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Prayers up for Ted Cruz and family; may the Lord lay his hand upon his daughter and heal her both physically and mentally, comfort and strength for the entire family.

I will bet that this will have a direct impact on his political career as he rethinks running for president in '24.  He's not going to put his family through the leftist gauntlet.
Amen to that prayer!

I hope he doesn't give up, we need good people in office.
Not that I would not understand that family must come first.

Kids nowadays are under tremendous pressure from Media, "entertainment", and other fores to become confused, and the pressure to be trendy is incredible. Pray for all the children, these are especially tough times for them.
Gone are the days when a crew could simply encourage groomers to stop using whatever means at their disposal. The dad in 1960 who defended his children with sublethal force would have been lauded as a hero, today he'd be a "hate criminal".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Gefn

I will argue with that. They do it BECAUSE of the pain. There is something brewing inside their skulls that makes them want to punish themselves,and the pain gives them a temporary relief from whatever it is that drives them to think they need to be  punished.
Yep. Punching inanimate objects, risky behaviour, fighting for the hell of it, were all part of the same thing. Self-mutilation was pretty far down the list, though--but all of these can lead to pain, just like cutting (which media made popular). It is a cry for help.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 08:45:14 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Gefn

@sneakypete

I think she might also feel pressure from school?I know Sean Cruz is Ivy educated-Princeton and Harvard….perhaps mom is too. She may feel a lot of pressure to get into a school like that so her grades are scrutinized,, she may have to be taking AP classes, SAT prep, extra curriculas  to  help pad the portfolio for college admissions…..it’s an awful lot. 

The funny thing is if this is the case, she might positively thrive at a state university.

It can be really difficult being a teen. I was totally miserable when I was her age. .
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

@mrpotatohead

Pretty much the same with the children of people who run successful corporations. There are only so many hours in the day,and dad/mom have to keep their focus on the bottom line.

Who are we to judge @sneakypete when we don't truly know the situation? You are making an awful lot of assumptions. I think things will change in the Cruz family and I don't think either parent is blatantly ignoring their kids. 

Continued prayers up for the Cruz family!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

@sneakypete

I think she might also feel pressure from school?I know Sean Cruz is Ivy educated-Princeton and Harvard….perhaps mom is too. She may feel a lot of pressure to get into a school like that so her grades are scrutinized,, she may have to be taking AP classes, SAT prep, extra curriculas  to  help pad the portfolio for college admissions…..it’s an awful lot. 

The funny thing is if this is the case, she might positively thrive at a state university.

It can be really difficult being a teen. I was totally miserable when I was her age. .

I agree @Gefn  -- my daughter had a rough time in her teen years and thrived at her university and graduated with dual degrees.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Who are we to judge @sneakypete when we don't truly know the situation? You are making an awful lot of assumptions. I think things will change in the Cruz family and I don't think either parent is blatantly ignoring their kids. 

Absolutely on point! 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

ONLY if she were to attend under an assumed name. If she were to go to a state university and people found out her father was Ted Cruz,she would probably be in danger of assault.

And THAT is just from some of the professors.

Hard to tell what some of the more whacked out students might do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Who are we to judge @sneakypete when we don't truly know the situation?

Normal (mostly) people reading about events no a public board that posts news about famous people?

Do I win anything?

You are making an awful lot of assumptions.

As are you.

I think things will change in the Cruz family and I don't think either parent is blatantly ignoring their kids. 

See the above.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I hope Ted's daughter gets the help she needs.

Too many young persons are subjected to adult pressures and expectations.  Mental illness, substance abuse, and suicide are the result.

I live in an area with highly competitive suburban school districts.  Middle school, junior high, and high school students are stressed to the point of throwing themselves in front of oncoming trains.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller

And when is he home to do this? At BEST,he can hire assistants to do it for him.
That will be Heidi's job. Clearly he cannot trust any professional educators not to push mush into that girl's skull. Every damn unionized educator in America wants to see that girl suffer, to get back at Ted, and to get back at conservatives. What bigger prize than the daughter of one of the most successful conservative politicians in America? These are evil people, and they will not stop until every woman in America is a Taylor Swift, AOC girl-boss.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

Whatever school she's in, get her out of it and homeschool like Hell. It's the only way to stop the leftward march.
[/quote@jmyrlefuller ]You all keep making these claims, but I have to tell you after 26 years in public education, and having a number of friends and family that have done homeschooling you ALL are wrong.
Four families in out current Parish. 15 kids total. 3 still attend some form of church. 11 lived with someone before marriage, 3 had children out of wedlock. 4 divorced within 3 years of being married. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.It is not the panacea you all want to claim.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

My homeschooled niece graduated from college in three years and secured a very high-paying job with a major food company. Anecdotes don't prove anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BTW,for those of you  who don't know,being born into a very wealthy and/or famous/privileged family is not the "ice cream party" you might think it is.

I was once friends,maybe even the only actual  friend she had,with a "summer girl" who visiting one of the family  beachfront mansions in the summer.

She was very quiet and kept to herself. I don't remember the circumstances we met  under,but she seemed to understand that I honestly didn't give a rabid rat's ass about her family money or possessions.

She was very attractive and pretty quiet. Drove a used Volvo the family kept in the garage for local transportation,and wore regular clothes with no jewelry.  She,and they,when they came,would fly in using one of the family corporate jets,so they had to leave a car there for local transportation.

They had locals hired to maintain the mansion when no one was there,as well as when there was. I can't remember at this late date if the head of the family at that time was her father or grandfather,but it doesn't really matter.

She never once mentioned her family wealth,but since I knew where she lived,it wasn't a secret to me. I even knew her father,but only to not to or say "Hello." He was a VERY wealthy man with businesses all over the world,not just the US,as well as mucho political connections and power.

All this was why this bright,pretty young lady had no actual friends. By the time she was 20 she understood VERY  well that  people would try to make friends with her in order to gain access to her family wealth and/or connections, and she never trusted anyone.

And "yes,this does include me." Don't get me wrong,I would have jumped her bones in a minute if she had been interested,but it never happened.

She pretty much HAD to live this way.

At the advanced age I am now I think that given a choice between gaining moderate wealth that allows you and your family privacy,and gaining uber wealth,a wise man would choose moderate wealth.

After all,what good IS money beyond what you could ever spend or need for the things you need in life?

Having Uber Wealth means you will end up spending pretty much your whole life protecting your wealth to the point that the money owns you. Moderate wealth allows you a little freedom.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 08:31:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz’s daughter addresses speculation after self-inflicted stab wounds: ‘I’m not suicidal’

Sen. Ted Cruz’s teenage daughter is speaking out after she was hospitalized this week for reported self-inflicted stab wounds.

Caroline Cruz, 14, took to TikTok Wednesday to address speculation regarding the self-inflicted stab wounds she reportedly sustained the day prior, which necessitated her being taken to the hospital.

“I wanted to address this on my own because the media is … causing my mental health to be exploited for their gain,” said Cruz. “I also don’t enjoy the assumptions on why I did what I did.”

The teen, who confirmed in the caption she was reading from a script, went on to dispel some conjecture.

“No, it had nothing to do with my sexuality or my father. I’m not suicidal but I am experiencing some mental issues,” she said, noting she’s “working through it and getting the help I need. Thank you so much for all the support and love, it means a lot to me. But the most traumatizing part of this experience is how public it’s been.”

While Cruz said she’s “feeling a lot better,” she asked those watching to not “make bold statements about what this is when you truly have no idea.”...............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-daughter-addresses-speculation-173900925.html

Offline verga

My homeschooled niece graduated from college in three years and secured a very high-paying job with a major food company. Anecdotes don't prove anything.
Good for her. I am just sick and tired of the kvetching and whining from some people here and at TOS, that it is the be all end all solution to all of the problems in education.
People want to send their kids to private schools great, parochial schools, I am all for it. You want kids to be in homeschool outstanding, hell I will give you a list that you can take tomorrow, that will make my job 1o times easier.. I am for whatever works best for a particular student. But for the love of God stop lumping everyone in into the same pile. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ted Cruz’s daughter addresses speculation after self-inflicted stab wounds: ‘I’m not suicidal’

Sen. Ted Cruz’s teenage daughter is speaking out after she was hospitalized this week for reported self-inflicted stab wounds.

Caroline Cruz, 14, took to TikTok Wednesday to address speculation regarding the self-inflicted stab wounds she reportedly sustained the day prior, which necessitated her being taken to the hospital.

“I wanted to address this on my own because the media is … causing my mental health to be exploited for their gain,” said Cruz. “I also don’t enjoy the assumptions on why I did what I did.”

The teen, who confirmed in the caption she was reading from a script, went on to dispel some conjecture.

“No, it had nothing to do with my sexuality or my father. I’m not suicidal but I am experiencing some mental issues,” she said, noting she’s “working through it and getting the help I need. Thank you so much for all the support and love, it means a lot to me. But the most traumatizing part of this experience is how public it’s been.”

While Cruz said she’s “feeling a lot better,” she asked those watching to not “make bold statements about what this is when you truly have no idea.”...............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-daughter-addresses-speculation-173900925.html

@libertybele

I'm with Ted on that one!

She is a CHILD that is only 14 years old,and ALL of us that are adults know that NO child looks back at their lives when they were 13-14 years old with joy.

The world is a confusing place at that stage of her life.

On top of that,SHE is not a politician. Her father is,so go after him all you want,but leave that child alone!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Good for her. I am just sick and tired of the kvetching and whining from some people here and at TOS, that it is the be all end all solution to all of the problems in education.
People want to send their kids to private schools great, parochial schools, I am all for it. You want kids to be in homeschool outstanding, hell I will give you a list that you can take tomorrow, that will make my job 1o times easier.. I am for whatever works best for a particular student. But for the love of God stop lumping everyone in into the same pile.
I do think it is the solution in this particular case. That young lady is a target. And call me paranoid, but the left is out for the children of prominent conservative leaders, in particular.

As a guy who had a very difficult time in public education (though I did fairly well in state university), I can say from experience that the public education system, and in particular the assumption of it being the "default" (and in many cases, the only) choice, causes tremendous trauma. There are probably some really good private educators out there. I'd say the vast majority of religious education is done in good faith and isn't bound by the Warren Court's First Amendment interpretation. For most people who have access to it, it's a good alternative. The key is finding a school whose student body is likely to be a benefit to the child's social life.

But in Cruz's case, and probably any sitting Republican legislator with children of school age, you can't trust the teaching profession. The unions are so far deep in there, those kids are going to be sitting ducks.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@Gefn

Yeah,you,me,and practically every other adult in the known universe knows that.

Offline libertybele

I do think it is the solution in this particular case. That young lady is a target. And call me paranoid, but the left is out for the children of prominent conservative leaders, in particular.

As a guy who had a very difficult time in public education (though I did fairly well in state university), I can say from experience that the public education system, and in particular the assumption of it being the "default" (and in many cases, the only) choice, causes tremendous trauma. There are probably some really good private educators out there. I'd say the vast majority of religious education is done in good faith and isn't bound by the Warren Court's First Amendment interpretation. For most people who have access to it, it's a good alternative. The key is finding a school whose student body is likely to be a benefit to the child's social life.

But in Cruz's case, and probably any sitting Republican legislator with children of school age, you can't trust the teaching profession. The unions are so far deep in there, those kids are going to be sitting ducks.

No you are not paranoid @jmyrlefuller you are absolutely correct.  A few days ago threats were made against McConnell and Paul:

Kentucky authorities investigating death threats to children, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell: ‘You can’t stop me’

https://nypost.com/2022/12/09/kentucky-authorities-investigating-death-threats-to-children-rand-paul-mitch-mcconnell/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'No, it had nothing to do with my sexuality or my father. I’m not suicidal but I am experiencing some mental issues,” she said, noting she’s “working through it and getting the help I need. Thank you so much for all the support and love, it means a lot to me. But the most traumatizing part of this experience is how public it’s been.”

This breaks my heart ---- adding humiliation to injury. Children should not have to publicly explain and defend themselves because a parent is an elected official.

This needs to be a "come to Jesus moment" for the media ---- all of them.  We and our elected officials should be demanding it.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
14y/o on Tic/tok... sorry, but that China app is poison for kids, we don't allow our kids to have phones until they are 17 or 18 (depends on how mature they act).

This is just one of the reasons it is so hard to get good men (and women) to run for public office. It is poison.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....