Author Topic: Eight Features That Show the New Raider is Not the B-2.1  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eight Features That Show the New Raider is Not the B-2.1
« on: December 07, 2022, 12:13:19 pm »
Eight Features That Show the New Raider is Not the B-2.1
Dec. 5, 2022 | By John A. Tirpak

The unveiling of the new B-21 bomber was staged to keep many of its innovations under wraps, but more than 34 years of technological advances since the B-2’s 1988 rollout were clearly in evidence.

A senior Northrop Grumman official, briefing reporters before the Dec. 2 rollout of the B-21, called the aircraft “the most advanced stealth aircraft ever built,” with heavy emphasis on making it a “daily flyer,” meaning its maintenance has been streamlined such that it can perform multiple sorties per day without extensive touchups of its stealth features.

Although the official said the majority of what makes the B-21 a “sixth-generation” combat aircraft is “on the inside,” a number of external features point to its evolution from the technology of the B-2, which is also a stealthy flying wing.   

1. Intakes

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/eight-features-that-show-the-new-b-21-raider-is-not-the-b-2-1/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:14:28 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Eight Features That Show the New Raider is Not the B-2.1
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 12:15:12 pm »
But what has been done to assure us the plane is eco-friendly? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson