Author Topic: Why the Army wants to slap robot arms onto its mobile artillery pieces  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why the Army wants to slap robot arms onto its mobile artillery pieces
It’ll definitely help with your back pain.

BY MAX HAUPTMAN | PUBLISHED DEC 6, 2022 9:04 AM

The Army has a new contract out that could see a welcome helping hand for all 13B’s: a robotic arm to help load artillery rounds.

Developed by Sarcos Defense, the robotic arm was designed to do all the hard work of actually picking up and loading artillery shells into the U.S. Army’s fleet of self-propelled howitzers.

“The robotic system was designed to address fatigue and injuries among soldiers caused by the prolonged lifting and placing of 100-pound rounds of ammunition from a rack to the cannon loader,” according to a press release.

Future testing will reportedly ensure that this robotic arm meets all Army requirements, including “shock and vibration absorption and withstanding extreme temperatures, humidity, and sand and dust incursion.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-artillery-robots-loading/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson