Author Topic: Mindy Kaling: ‘The Office’ characters ‘would be canceled’ in 2022  (Read 272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mindy Kaling: ‘The Office’ characters ‘would be canceled’ in 2022
By Erin Keller   
December 6, 2022 5:30pm

Watercooler conversation isn’t what it used to be.

Mindy Kaling, writer and star of “The Office,” recently claimed that the bingeable sitcom couldn’t be made in today’s politically correct climate — because it’s “so inappropriate now.”

“The writers, who I’m still in touch with now, we always talk about how so much of that show we probably couldn’t make now,” Kaling, 43, said during a recent interview on “Good Morning America.”

“Tastes have changed, and honestly what offends people has changed so much now. I think that actually is one of the reasons the show is popular, because people feel like there’s something kind of fearlessness about it or taboo that it talks about,” the New York Times best-selling author added.

The American version of the workplace comedy, based on the British series of the same name, aired from 2005 to 2013 on NBC. Led by cringeworthy regional manager Michael Scott (Steve Carell), the series follows the daily life of the charismatic employees of Dunder Mifflin, a fictional paper company. It also stars John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak and Rainn Wilson, among others.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/12/06/mindy-kaling-the-office-characters-would-be-canceled-in-2022/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I love this show..still watch it on the Comedy Network...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34