Author Topic: GOP Rep. Andy Biggs announces second attempt challenging Rep. Kevin McCarthy for speaker  (Read 247 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

GOP Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., tweeted Tuesday he will be running – again – to block current GOP leader California Rep. Kevin McCarthy from becoming Speaker of the House.

In a closed-door party vote among Republicans last month, Biggs lost the vote to McCarthy for the top Republican leadership position, which was seen as positioning McCarthy to potentially become the next speaker. The official vote for speaker won't take place until Jan. 3 during a public vote with all members.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/12/06/andy-biggs-challenge-mccarthy-speaker/10845382002/
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We can only hope that this time around he's successful.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
We can only hope that this time around he's successful.

Actually I'd prefer Scalise or Jordan, but that's a fairy dust and unicorn's chance of happening.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Actually I'd prefer Scalise or Jordan, but that's a fairy dust and unicorn's chance of happening.

Hopefully McCarthy will be pushed aside though I'm doubtful.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Hopefully McCarthy will be pushed aside though I'm doubtful.

Me too, but his ego seems to big too be second fiddle. Have a feeling he'll burn it down rather than a more sensible choice.

You never know though, parliamentary stuff like this can sometimes get wild.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Me too, but his ego seems to big too be second fiddle. Have a feeling he'll burn it down rather than a more sensible choice.

You never know though, parliamentary stuff like this can sometimes get wild.

He definitely has a big ego; he's been acting like he's already Speaker.