Author Topic: The GOP Won't Win So Long as Consultants Dominate the Party.. Joe Cunningham  (Read 994 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The GOP Won't Win So Long as Consultants Dominate the Party
By Joe Cunningham | 10:30 AM on December 07, 2022

There are a lot of reasons to go over why the GOP underperformed in 2022, and after last night’s loss in Georgia and the election cycle being over, we can really do a deep dive into it.

We can talk about candidate quality. We can talk Mitch McConnell. We can talk Kevin McCarthy. We can talk Donald Trump. But there’s one problem that the GOP refuses to discuss and that is the grifter class within its ranks.

See, Democrat politicians and Democrat campaigns are in it to win it. But, more often than not, it seems like Republican politicians and campaigns are in it to make sure the consultants get paid first. There was a huge cash-on-hand disparity when it came to candidates in 2022. Raphael Warnock was at a two-to-one advantage over Herschel Walker, if not more.

In Arizona, Mark Kelly had more cash on hand than Blake masters. Catherine Cortez-Masto in Nevada had more cash on hand than Adam Laxalt.

The Republican money in 2022 came largely from PACs and super PACs, and candidates were not able to get their hands on a whole lot of money because it was being sucked up by these Republican groups sending out dishonest fundraising messaging. But it isn’t just a phenomenon unique to 2022.

more
https://redstate.com/joesquire/2022/12/07/the-gop-wont-win-so-long-as-consultants-dominate-the-party-n670093
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Seen this even at the state level in Iowa back in the political days. It costs races.

The FEC gets all butthurt about the smallest things, yet doesn't require up front disclosure as to where the money's going when these groups run ads.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

A "consultant" is a guy who know 457 unique ways to make love... but he doesn't know any women.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A "consultant" is a guy who know 457 unique ways to make love... but he doesn't know any women.

:hattip:

Excellent Smithers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
GOP won't win so long as they keep bringing knives to a gun fight.

Feckless bastards.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

lol....   :beer:

In 1982, I worked wth a technican that told me that a consultant was an unemployable slug with a slide projector, and 50 miles from home.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

The GOP doesn't need consultants.  They need to simply talk to real live voters and ask them questions.  On every single piece of GOP push mail that I have ever received, I sent back a list of things I thought the GOP should be doing.  And each and every one of them ended up in the garbage.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Seen this even at the state level in Iowa back in the political days. It costs races.

The FEC gets all butthurt about the smallest things, yet doesn't require up front disclosure as to where the money's going when these groups run ads.

I've seen it to the point of being sickened by it.  Karl Rove and his ilk are SCUM!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 05:33:19 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO
·39m

Another Senate election, another GOP loss. Maybe time for Senate GOP to change direction, craft a new agenda to, you know, appeal to voters.

Just a thought

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Would really like to see Hawley or Cotton as GOP senate leader. 

Someone needs to unlock Turdle from that seat.

Armando Ibarra
@aibarra

Blaming “candidate quality” or “orange man” are narratives, not credible analyses. Fetterman & Warnock were among worst candidates in history, yet GOP still lost. If Republican consultants want to know who to blame for Walker & Oz losses, they should look in the mirror.

11:13 AM · Dec 7, 2022

Would really like to see Hawley or Cotton as GOP senate leader. 

Someone needs to unlock Turdle from that seat.

Agree @catfish1957

Offline EdinVA

You hire consultants so you don't get blamed... Same with committees.

They don't know anymore than you, just provide cover...
We are blaming rove instead of mcconnell, mccarthy and daniels... It works!

GOP won't win so long as they keep bringing knives to a gun fight.

Feckless bastards.

Mitch didn't want the majority --- especially not with a republican House.

You hire consultants so you don't get blamed... Same with committees.

They don't know anymore than you, just provide cover...
We are blaming rove instead of mcconnell, mccarthy and daniels... It works!

:bingo:     :thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

After much review, you are probably right.

He's more comfortable in his Democratic butt boy role  anyway.

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

There wasn’t a single race in America where Democrat politicians/consultants were actively working AGAINST Democrat candidates.

In AZ, GA, & PA, “Republican” (RINO) politicians/consultants, were actively working AGAINST Republican candidates.

So messed up!

7:31 AM · Dec 7, 2022

Marco Rubio
@marcorubio

We have a historically unpopular Dem President,record inflation,a violent crime wave & total chaos at the border & not only did we fail to win a majority, we lost a seat

And the Senate GOP response is going to be to make no changes?

8:55 AM · Dec 7, 2022

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Mitch would be fine with a majority IF, and only if it were made up of people with HIS personal seal of approval.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Gotta admit though, McConnell was hugely successful in this election.  He got Masters, Tshibaka, Palin, Bolduc, Lake, Oz, and Walker all defeated.  Seven for seven.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and premise:
"The GOP Won't Win So Long as Consultants Dominate the Party..."

Consultants or not, the GOP probably isn't going to win another presidential contest.

The dem-communists now have control of several critical states (in the Electoral College) that block a GOP pathway to 270 votes. They won't be giving this control up -- at least not without a bitter fight.

Mr. Trump won them "out of the blue" in 2016 -- winning states that no other Republican candidate would have. But The Party took note, and threw its efforts into building an "election apparatus" that would "control" such states in subsequent contests. Their machinery worked well for them in both 2020 and again this past November.

What is going to be done to change that between now and Election Day, 2024?

Online Hoodat

Consultants are the Republican Party.