Author Topic: Republican Voters Support a Ban on China Purchasing Texas Land  (Read 632 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Republican Voters Support a Ban on China Purchasing Texas Land
« on: December 06, 2022, 01:46:21 pm »
Texas Scorecard by  Soli Rice December 5, 2022

“There is no reason that the Chinese should own a single acre of Texas land, and we look forward to seeing the Legislature enact a ban this session.”

A new poll released this week by Defend Texas Liberty reveals that the majority of Texas Republican voters want to preserve conservative values and protect the state from outside governments.

For years, China has been buying up Texas land, raising concerns about national security. The poll shows that 82 percent of Republican voters in Texas want to see the Texas government prohibit the Chinese government or Chinese citizens from purchasing land in Texas.

Meanwhile, only 10 percent disagreed, saying that Chinese purchasing Texas land should be unrestricted. Eight percent of voters polled claimed they were “unsure” about the issue.

“I’m very excited to see just how committed Republicans are to our state sovereignty. There is no reason that the Chinese should own a single acre of Texas land, and we look forward to seeing the Legislature enact a ban this session. It’s also clear that Dade Phelan’s criticism of Republicans for pushing bold property tax relief is also a criticism of most GOP voters,” said Jonathan Stickland, former state representative and current leader of the Defend Texas Liberty PAC.

Voters were also asked whether they would vote for a Republican candidate who has voted to weaken pro-life laws in Texas.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/republican-voters-support-a-ban-on-china-purchasing-texas-land/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Republican Voters Support a Ban on China Purchasing Texas Land
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 11:31:34 pm »
"The poll shows that 82 percent of Republican voters in Texas want to see the Texas government prohibit the Chinese government or Chinese citizens from purchasing land in Texas."

Good luck (and I support the idea, too), but I don't think this would stand up to Constitutional scrutiny...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 12:11:45 am »
I am outraged this is even a question.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 12:13:10 am »
"The poll shows that 82 percent of Republican voters in Texas want to see the Texas government prohibit the Chinese government or Chinese citizens from purchasing land in Texas."

Good luck (and I support the idea, too), but I don't think this would stand up to Constitutional scrutiny...

@Fishrrman

I do. A solid case can be made that it is treason to deal with the enemy,and there can be NO question about that slave state being our enemy.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 12:14:26 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Soli Rice December 5, 2022

“There is no reason that the Chinese should own a single acre of Texas land, and we look forward to seeing the Legislature enact a ban this session.”

A new poll released this week by Defend Texas Liberty reveals that the majority of Texas Republican voters want to preserve conservative values and protect the state from outside governments.

For years, China has been buying up Texas land, raising concerns about national security. The poll shows that 82 percent of Republican voters in Texas want to see the Texas government prohibit the Chinese government or Chinese citizens from purchasing land in Texas.

Meanwhile, only 10 percent disagreed, saying that Chinese purchasing Texas land should be unrestricted. Eight percent of voters polled claimed they were “unsure” about the issue.

“I’m very excited to see just how committed Republicans are to our state sovereignty. There is no reason that the Chinese should own a single acre of Texas land, and we look forward to seeing the Legislature enact a ban this session. It’s also clear that Dade Phelan’s criticism of Republicans for pushing bold property tax relief is also a criticism of most GOP voters,” said Jonathan Stickland, former state representative and current leader of the Defend Texas Liberty PAC.

Voters were also asked whether they would vote for a Republican candidate who has voted to weaken pro-life laws in Texas.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/republican-voters-support-a-ban-on-china-purchasing-texas-land/

China owns a lot of the U.S. unfortunately.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 12:28:22 am »
China owns a lot of the U.S. unfortunately.

@libertybele

That doesn't mean we can't take it back from them.

BTW,while we are at it,how about making it illegal for any Chinese citizen to attend any American school?

As Pogo once said,"We haz met the enemy,and he is us!"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:29:45 am by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 01:01:46 am »
@libertybele

That doesn't mean we can't take it back from them.

BTW,while we are at it,how about making it illegal for any Chinese citizen to attend any American school?

As Pogo once said,"We haz met the enemy,and he is us!"

With that being stated @sneakypete I'd make it illegal for several other groups as well; those that are Islamic/Muslim citizens.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 03:43:17 am »
With that being stated @sneakypete I'd make it illegal for several other groups as well; those that are Islamic/Muslim citizens.

@libertybele

Works for me!