Author Topic: Clumsy but Correct - President Trump and the Challenge of Restitution  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Clumsy but Correct - President Trump and the Challenge of Restitution
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2022, 04:10:00 pm »
BS....

We all know it was stolen, but there is nothing that can be done constitutionally to reverse the dirty deed. 

@catfish1957

Are you saying we must accept and live with the consequenes of the deepest, most profound illegality perpetrated on the citizens of the United States because the Constitution does not provide a specific remedy for this specific betrayal and overthrow of the government of the United States?

Is there not one applicable Constitutional intent, legal statute or precedent in all of US history pointing us toward a remedy?

Do we find the remedy using the tools we have, or do we surrender to the usurpers and blame our Founders?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2022, 04:13:10 pm »
In Texas vs Pennsylvania Alito, joined by Thomas, noted that in his view the Supreme Court did not “have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original jurisdiction.”

They did not say anything about how they might vote on the issues presented but they were correct in saying that SCOTUS does not have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within its original jurisdiction. @roamer_1

Happily @Bigun , the court at large disagreed and the question remains unsettled. Because I do not need New York telling Montana what to do.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2022, 04:17:02 pm »
@catfish1957

Are you saying we must accept and live with the consequenes of the deepest, most profound illegality perpetrated on the citizens of the United States because the Constitution does not provide a specific remedy for this specific betrayal and overthrow of the government of the United States?

Is there not one applicable Constitutional intent, legal statute or precedent in all of US history pointing us toward a remedy?

Do we find the remedy using the tools we have, or do we surrender to the usurpers and blame our Founders?

@Right_in_Virginia

Okay big Talker, what do you suggest?  Armed insurrection?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2022, 04:18:45 pm »
Happily @Bigun , the court at large disagreed and the question remains unsettled. Because I do not need New York telling Montana what to do.

WHY do you keep trying to CHANGE THE SUBJECT @roamer_1

The issue is not New York telling Montana what to do and YOU damned well know it! The issue is whether SCOTUS has discretion to deny the filing of a case in which it has original jurisdiction!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2022, 04:25:19 pm »
WHY do you keep trying to CHANGE THE SUBJECT @roamer_1

The issue is not New York telling Montana what to do and YOU damned well know it! The issue is whether SCOTUS has discretion to deny the filing of a case in which it has original jurisdiction!

@Bigun

I believe that is why they didn't pick it up - Because it steps on the sole authority of the state legislature in the election process. In essence, in picking up the case, they are inherently asserting that there is NOT one sole authority, or that THEY are that sole authority... Either would be anathema.

And would certainly lead to a precedent that would in fact allow New York to tell Montana what to do.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 04:31:14 pm »
Electors voted for Biden, hence Biden won. /argument

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2022, 04:33:25 pm »
@Bigun

I believe that is why they didn't pick it up - Because it steps on the sole authority of the state legislature in the election process. In essence, in picking up the case, they are inherently asserting that there is NOT one sole authority, or that THEY are that sole authority... Either would be anathema.

And would certainly lead to a precedent that would in fact allow New York to tell Montana what to do.

I DON"T CARE! The fact is that they DID NOT have discretion to deny the filing of the case! And that says not a word about what the outcome of the case might have been. @roamer_1

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2022, 04:41:55 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Okay big Talker, what do you suggest?  Armed insurrection?

Why would you propose an armed insurrection when you haven't demonstrated the guts or the will to stand up to the usurpation?

This isn't a game @catfish1957    ----- so, let's move our disussion forward after you answer my question:

@catfish1957

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2022, 04:43:23 pm »
All of it.

The media didn't bury stories?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2022, 04:45:03 pm »
Biden won the election when the electors voted for him. Period. As per the Constitution.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2022, 04:45:55 pm »
The media didn't bury stories?

Sure they did. And they invented more. And it's not the first time, by any means.

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2022, 04:46:47 pm »
Electors voted for Biden, hence Biden won. /argument

No, it's really not "/argument".

What the elector vote was based on is the crux of the matter.

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2022, 04:49:19 pm »
@catfish1957

Well had we won enough Senate seats we could have possibly convicted Bidet after impeachment, but I doubt that's possible now. Or possibly the 25th amendment. Or another election in 2024. Other than that, continue typing impotently on the internet.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:51:23 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2022, 04:50:37 pm »
I DON"T CARE! The fact is that they DID NOT have discretion to deny the filing of the case!

Agree @Bigun   ----- And that they did STILL makes my head explode!  9999hair out0000

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 05:05:55 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2022, 04:50:46 pm »
No, it's really not "/argument".

What the elector vote was based on is the crux of the matter.

That was the moment Trump lost the election once and for for all in my mind. Calls for "restitution" are just madness and stupidity.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2022, 04:54:15 pm »
That was the moment Trump lost the election once and for for all in my mind. Calls for "restitution" are just madness and stupidity.

Exactly.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2022, 04:58:04 pm »
@catfish1957

It is not an "overthrow of the government." An overthrow of the government would have been Trump being physically forced out of the White House during his term.

But even so, the states are, in theory, free to choose their electors as they see fit. If that means sham elections, that means sham elections. Whether you like it or not.

There are remedies. But none of them would have resulted in him being given his seat for the term. Because if there was never a valid election to begin with, the seat is vacant.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2022, 05:00:10 pm »
It is not an "overthrow of the government." An overthrow of the government would have been Trump being physically forced out of the White House during his term.

But even so, the states are, in theory, free to choose their electors as they see fit. If that means sham elections, that means sham elections. Whether you like it or not.

There are remedies. But none of them would have resulted in him being given his seat for the term. Because if there was never a valid election to begin with, the seat is vacant.

Good points.  The Constitution is quite clear that a president's term ends on Jan. 20, and the termination of that term is not dependent on a successor having been elected, or the election of that successor having been certified.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 05:00:57 pm »
13th Amendment expressly says otherwise. They can always deny any case they want, because to say otherwise is involuntary servitude.

22222frying pan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2022, 05:03:37 pm »
Argree @Bigun   ----- And that they did STILL makes my head explode!  9999hair out0000

It has certainly taken ALL the wind out of my sails WRT any hope of salvaging the republic @Right_in_Virginia

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2022, 05:04:50 pm »
I DON"T CARE! The fact is that they DID NOT have discretion to deny the filing of the case! And that says not a word about what the outcome of the case might have been. @roamer_1

That would hold more weight @Bigun , if the SCOTUS had not been practicing discretion in original jurisdiction cases for a long time. This is not the only state v state case they have denied filing, by a long shot.

Even if you are correct at the core, enough precedence has occurred to make this particular denial uneventful. If it were the first or only, or only in a long while, then bias might be assigned.

But they have practiced discretion, appellate or original jurisdiction, for a while.
Changing that might require a congressional action to clarify the role. Either way, It ain't getting fixed right now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2022, 05:13:11 pm »
SCOTUS turned it's back on this country period. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2022, 05:15:30 pm »
That would hold more weight @Bigun , if the SCOTUS had not been practicing discretion in original jurisdiction cases for a long time. This is not the only state v state case they have denied filing, by a long shot.

Even if you are correct at the core, enough precedence has occurred to make this particular denial uneventful. If it were the first or only, or only in a long while, then bias might be assigned.

But they have practiced discretion, appellate or original jurisdiction, for a while.
Changing that might require a congressional action to clarify the role. Either way, It ain't getting fixed right now.

Yup.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2022, 06:32:00 pm »
Why would you propose an armed insurrection when you haven't demonstrated the guts or the will to stand up to the usurpation?

This isn't a game @catfish1957    ----- so, let's move our disussion forward after you answer my question:

So you've devolved into asking me to answer a silly hypothetical after you wouldn't answer my silly one?

You are the one playing games.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2022, 07:04:33 pm »
Restitution for what?

Trump lost.  Losers get nothing.  That's America.  No participation trophy.  No restitution.  No reparations.

What's Hillary Clinton's restitution for having 2016 election stolen for her?

What's Al Gore's restitution for having 2000 election stolen from him?

How far back do we want to go to live in past grievances?

Let's see what happens with the election in Georgia today.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.