Author Topic: US Army selects Bell V-280 Valor as next-generation assault aircraft  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
News
December 6, 2022

US Army selects Bell V-280 Valor as next-generation assault aircraft

The initial contract will now see the company refine the aircraft’s weapon system design.

A development contract has been awarded to the company for its V-280 tiltrotor system, which has cleared the required assessments under the Joint Multi-Role Technology Demonstrator programme, initiated in 2013.

The programme saw the V-280 Valor vertical lift helicopter progressing through design, manufacturing, and three-year-long flight-testing processes.

The evaluation process provided extensive data to validate technical/operational advantages of Valor as a long-range assault mission aircraft.

Under the initial award, Bell will work to refine the weapon system design of the aircraft and perform associated tasks including systems integration, digital enterprise, manufacturing, sustainment, flight-testing, and airworthiness qualification.

https://www.army-technology.com/news/us-army-selects-bell-v280/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson