Author Topic: Trump insists he doesn’t want to ‘terminate’ Constitution  (Read 1127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump insists he doesn’t want to ‘terminate’ Constitution
by Brett Samuels - 12/05/22 1:48 PM ET

Former President Trump on Monday insisted he does not want to “terminate” the Constitution, responding to broad backlash after he said over the weekend its rules and laws should be disregarded so he can return to the White House.

Trump, in a pair of posts on Truth Social, responded to the fallout from his comments on Saturday that the 2020 election should be redone or he should be put back in office. The former president weighed in after internal Twitter communications showed company officials deciding to limit the spread of posts about allegations against Hunter Biden, President’s Biden’s son, in the closing weeks of the 2020 campaign.

“The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to ‘terminate’ the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS,” Trump wrote Monday afternoon, saying he meant that “steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3762407-trump-insists-he-doesnt-want-to-terminate-constitution/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

Re: Trump insists he doesn’t want to ‘terminate’ Constitution
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 09:34:50 pm »
If he didn't want to terminate the constitution, he should delete the post where he called for it. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 09:41:59 pm »
If he didn't want to terminate the constitution, he should delete the post where he called for it. 

Guess I'm just not seeing it. The woke Left is running with the interpretations that fit their ideological preconceptions.
The Republic is lost.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 09:58:01 pm »
In the end Trump's almost pathological fixation on what happened in 2020 will continue to rub many conservatives the wrong way. I hope he doesn't ride this train during his entire campaign (but I think he will given his nature). The media will continue to make him look the fool, and it may not help garner the numbers he needs for another nomination. IF he is the best person for the job. At this point, I have my doubts. His public fulminations are hard to tolerate outright, without any interpretations from the media.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 10:07:36 pm »
In the end Trump's almost pathological fixation on what happened in 2020 will continue to rub many conservatives the wrong way. I hope he doesn't ride this train during his entire campaign (but I think he will given his nature). The media will continue to make him look the fool, and it may not help garner the numbers he needs for another nomination. IF he is the best person for the job. At this point, I have my doubts. His public fulminations are hard to tolerate outright, without any interpretations from the media.

His words could be taken several ways, but Trump is not one to choose his words wisely.  He keeps adding fuel to the fire that is already burning beneath him.  I just don't see him becoming the nominee and unfortunately, the nominee will be a RINO.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 10:09:17 pm »
Guess I'm just not seeing it. The woke Left is running with the interpretations that fit their ideological preconceptions.

His insistence on nullifying the election and installing him as ruler is what causes them to be uncharitable with their interpretation.  Donald has shown contempt for the constitution and free/fair elections since at least 2012, when he called for revolution after Romney had seemingly won the popular vote and lost the electoral college.  Then in 2016 he claimed any primary he lost was "rigged."  He will pull the same crap in 2024 - it is a virtual certainty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 10:14:12 pm »
His insistence on nullifying the election and installing him as ruler is what causes them to be uncharitable with their interpretation.  Donald has shown contempt for the constitution and free/fair elections since at least 2012, when he called for revolution after Romney had seemingly won the popular vote and lost the electoral college.  Then in 2016 he claimed any primary he lost was "rigged."  He will pull the same crap in 2024 - it is a virtual certainty.

Except, an election WAS stolen.  IMHO he has not shown contempt for free and fair elections, but his energy would be much better off encouraging those at his rallies to become involved in becoming a Supervisor of Elections, poll watcher, precinct captain, etc.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 10:35:25 pm »

Yup.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 10:37:51 pm »
Except, an election WAS stolen.  IMHO he has not shown contempt for free and fair elections, but his energy would be much better off encouraging those at his rallies to become involved in becoming a Supervisor of Elections, poll watcher, precinct captain, etc.

Exactly. Trump's problem is he's a 360 degree randomly revolving turd cannon firing at 600 rounds per minute. Yes he hits the target - and everything else too. It ends up going two steps forward and one step back, hardly getting anywhere.

He needs to advance, he needs to update, and he needs to be more disciplined, pick his battles better and think more than one move ahead. Shock and awe worked the last time because it was novel and he caught them off guard.

Problem is they adapt and come back at you and you need to do the same.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 10:53:46 pm »
In the end Trump's almost pathological fixation on what happened in 2020 will continue to rub many conservatives the wrong way.

Just for clarification @BellyAche ------- are you saying therre was no voter/election fraud in 2020 and 2022?

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 11:08:19 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

And with just one mean tweet, Donald Trump got the entire media and Democrat party to defend the US Constitution

4:39 PM · Dec 5, 2022

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 11:12:55 pm »
Samuel Culper 722
@politiwars

Trump wasn't saying to overthrow the Constitution.

Trump was saying the Constitution was overthrown.

11:21 AM · Dec 5, 2022

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 11:17:27 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Don’t remember anyone giving a funk about the Constitution when Joe Biden was jailing protesters without trial and booting troops who refused a forced Covid vax

10:14 AM · Dec 5, 2022

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 11:44:55 pm »
If Trump can declassify documents with his mind .... he should use his mental powers to summarily decertifiy the 2020 Election Results.

Trump is not the future of the GOP in 2022 just as Romulus Augustus was not the future of the Roman Empire back in 476 A.D.

Trumpists and Trumpism will fester like an ulcerated bed sore on the GOP's rump.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 11:46:50 pm »
john jackson
@pvtjokerus

What Trump and these last few years have exposed is the idea that we live in a Representative Republic is a mirage. A facade.

We're run by corrupt oligarchs, who govern in their own self-interests.

Not ours.

They do not have my consent. Not anymore.

3:26 PM · Dec 5, 2022

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2022, 12:11:18 am »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

The Media picks the song and elected Republicans dance. Pathetic.

Manu Raju
@mkraju
·3h

GOP Sen. Mike Rounds on Trump: “Anyone who desires to lead our country must commit to protecting the Constitution.” twitter.com/senatorrounds/…

3:52 PM · Dec 5, 2022

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2022, 12:32:39 am »
Trumpists and Trumpism will fester like an ulcerated bed sore on the GOP's rump.

Remove it @DefiantMassRINO --- I'm begging you, remove it and set Trumpists free so you and your useless, fraudulent political party can continue uencumbered on your rapid descent into the ash heap of history -----

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2022, 01:14:14 am »
If Trump can declassify documents with his mind .... he should use his mental powers to summarily decertifiy the 2020 Election Results.

Trump is not the future of the GOP in 2022 just as Romulus Augustus was not the future of the Roman Empire back in 476 A.D.

I guess I don't see were specifically he's demanding an end to the US Constitution. But what he's suggesting is not going to happen.

But for those that are desperate to defend him, what would their reaction be if Hillary Clinton said this, word for word, about the 2016 election??
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2022, 01:21:19 am »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

And with just one mean tweet, Donald Trump got the entire media and Democrat party to defend the US Constitution

4:39 PM · Dec 5, 2022

Great point.  888high58888

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2022, 05:51:50 am »
I guess I don't see were specifically he's demanding an end to the US Constitution. But what he's suggesting is not going to happen.

But for those that are desperate to defend him, what would their reaction be if Hillary Clinton said this, word for word, about the 2016 election??

@LMAO

If the democrats had had the proof they would still be fighting the results of the 2016 election.  Republicans had the proof of a stolen election in 2020, but chose to drive the getaway car.

May I remind you that while the democrats stopped challenging the 2016 election results, they never stopped challenging the presidency. 

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun
The Washington Post, January 20, 2017 at 12:19 p.m. EST

The effort to impeach President Donald John Trump is already underway.

At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live at ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org, spearheaded by two liberal advocacy groups aiming to lay the groundwork for his eventual ejection from the White House.

More:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 05:53:24 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2022, 01:58:43 pm »
Clumsy but Correct - President Trump and the Challenge of Restitution
Illinois Review, Dec 5, 2022 John Di Leo

<Snip>

So President Trump did what we must all be doing – all of us, anyway, who are awake. He is screaming to the rafters that this is insane, that we know the perpetrators, we know what went wrong and how they did it, we have the evidence before us, and we could still right this ship before it’s too late, so let’s Just Do It! His inner executive, the decision-maker, sees the logical solution and states it out loud.

It’s not in the statutes, it’s not in the Constitution, it’s not anywhere in writing. This hasn’t happened before, but if we want the nation to survive another 200 years, we need to act NOW.

More:  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,486429.msg2750549/topicseen.html#msg2750549

@LMAO
@BellyAche
@Free Vulcan
@libertybele
@cato potatoe
@mystery-ak

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2022, 03:43:53 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2022, 04:13:41 pm »

THen what are you seeing? I'm seeing a bunch of deranged nonsense spewed out by a lunatic who should not be given another term, and who has been losing elections nonstop since getting lucky in 2016.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2022, 04:27:57 pm »
THen what are you seeing? I'm seeing a bunch of deranged nonsense spewed out by a lunatic who should not be given another term, and who has been losing elections nonstop since getting lucky in 2016.

Not saying it's pretty, just saying it's not what the woke Left says it is.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2022, 04:55:45 pm »
Trump does not want to terminate the Constitution or any part off it! What he does want is that it be fully enforced ALL the time and the opportunity to make his case for redress of his grievances, ALL of which have thus far been denied to him at every turn by thoroughly corrupt public officials.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien