Author Topic: My Seven Month Nightmare Is Finally Over  (Read 5716 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: My Seven Month Nightmare Is Finally Over
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2022, 12:51:35 am »
You're not going to like this post.

Sell the place in Kentucky. Move elsewhere -- how about East Tennessee?
Get out of that town, to somewhere else for a "fresh start".

DO NOT provide a forwarding address to the daughter.
Do not contact her again.
Write her OUT of your life (and your will, if you have one). Bad seed.
Remember, if she knows how to find you -- the ex-con does, as well.

Of course, this probably means losing track of the grandkids. So be it.
But you can put THEM in the will (instead of her).

I told you that you weren't going to like this post.

I'm not upset about what you said my friend. There's a lot of what you said in that is absolutely what the wife and I need to do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2022, 12:53:55 am »
@txradioguy

I know how much you love those grandchildren...seen them many times with you on FB...Sorry to say I don't think much of your daughter using them as a *punishment* to you and your wife.

They are our world. And you don't have to apologize about your thoughts on our daughter.  I'd be lying if I said her mom and I hadn't thought the same thing. Which is hard to admit when it's your child.

I am willing to bet when things get a little rough for her she will be back with kids in tow...the ex-felon romance won't last long...maybe her husband..the children's father will have something to say about the company she keeps... :pondering:

I have no doubt she will.  It's the pattern of how she does things. But her behavior and this whole mess plays into her ex husbands hands. Now he and his new live in girlfriend can keep the boys to themselves.

Or so he thinks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2022, 12:56:00 am »
Glad you came out relatively unscathed. Even in your own home with the law and everything on your side, if the system works against you they can just take you down. Glad you made the payments to protect yourself.

What really frosts me is that they take a druggie ex-con's word over you in your own home, then just escalate things to throw you into the meat grinder because a gun was involved. He was trespassing and had no right to be there and threatening you with his behavior, and your daughter was an accomplice.

It should have went the exact opposite of what it did.

That's what everyone involved except for the cop the prosecutor and the judge thought. Even the ladies in pre-trial services couldn't believe I was charged for defending myself in my own home.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2022, 01:03:08 am »
Just wow!!!

I've been trying to think of the positives here...

No one got killed and that's a GREAT thing as I'm sure emotions were quite high.
You got the charges dropped...  Thank you LORD!
You have time to rebuild your relationship, Lord willing, with your grandkids.
You found out what a rock your wife is...
You found out who your true friends are...
It was a pretty tough test of your faith...

God bless you my friend and may God grant you wisdom in your decisions.  Merry CHRISTmas!

Spot on with all the positives you noted above.

The one thing I forgot to mention in the OP that I'm really grateful for is that I didn't have to fire a round. Don't get me wrong I was prepared to had her ex felon boyfriend stepped out of the bedroom. But I'm glad he had enough of a brain not to test me.

Unlike words, you can't take back that bullet once it's been fired.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 01:05:10 am by txradioguy »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2022, 01:35:03 am »
one time the assistant prosecutor working the case that she "wasn't prepared to go to court" on my case. One time my attorney called me and said "don't even bother coming to court today, they aren't ready".

That alone is grounds for dismissal.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2022, 01:37:24 am »

I agree.

Oh and to this day we've never seen any body cam footage from that night.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2022, 04:40:21 am »
Just wow!!!

I've been trying to think of the positives here...

No one got killed and that's a GREAT thing as I'm sure emotions were quite high.
You got the charges dropped...  Thank you LORD!
You have time to rebuild your relationship, Lord willing, with your grandkids.
You found out what a rock your wife is...
You found out who your true friends are...
It was a pretty tough test of your faith...

God bless you my friend and may God grant you wisdom in your decisions.  Merry CHRISTmas!

Guess I really can't add any advice and review above what tator said so elegantly. Pray for wisdom... and sometimes it is best to take the loss over further divides in the family. Sometimes the lost son may be a daughter that returns to you asking forgiveness. Like P.H said, sometimes you have to just take in account the blessings of coming out alive. I do know the hurt will take a while to stop stinging, and it hurts bad I am sure (just judging by run-in with my family).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2022, 10:08:23 am »

Not really. 

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2022, 12:31:27 pm »
I wish I felt worthy of that hero status. I’m just glad I was able to push back and prevail.

I will have to read through your story again, but my oh my! What an ordeal you and your wife have been through. Praying for your marriage and for your relationship with your grandchildren.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2022, 01:01:09 pm »
I will have to read through your story again, but my oh my! What an ordeal you and your wife have been through. Praying for your marriage and for your relationship with your grandchildren.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2022, 01:03:07 pm »
Words fail.

Glad to have you back and wish you the best in whichever course of action you decide on.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2022, 01:04:02 pm »
Words fail.

Glad to have you back and wish you the best in whichever course of action you decide on.

Thanks. I’ve missed being here.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2022, 03:42:12 pm »
@txradioguy
I am grieved to hear of your ordeal, I would love to give you advice but have nothing to help, so I will do the one positive I can and offer prayers and support for you and your wife and hope that you will be able to resume your relationship with your grandsons soon.

Offline DB

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2022, 04:10:45 pm »
There is perhaps one lesson for us older people in this that we haven't learned from the young very well.

When something is going down, record it with your phone to have a record of it. For us older people we don't think to take that action until the situation has passed. For many young people it is their first response. The record of the threats would have gone a long way in court.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2022, 04:22:59 pm »
There is perhaps one lesson for us older people in this that we haven't learned from the young very well.

When something is going down, record it with your phone to have a record of it. For us older people we don't think to take that action until the situation has passed. For many young people it is their first response. The record of the threats would have gone a long way in court.

:thumbsup:

I always tell people: don't get angry, film it and litigate later. Too many people are too quick to resort to life ruining stuff like say January 6th type actions, or getting in altercations. And if you do film, make sure you have a backup copy somewhere too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2022, 04:49:17 pm »
Not really.

I beat a case that way.  No witnesses showed up in court to testify against me, so the prosecutor requested the judge dead-docket the case, meaning that it would go into hibernation and could be brought back up in the future.  I told the judge that I was there to defend myself as scheduled, and I requested that the charged be dismissed.  The judge ruled in my favor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2022, 04:52:00 pm »
@txradioguy

G-d is still on the throne.  Place your trust in Him and your thoughts will be established.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2022, 04:52:49 pm »
I beat a case that way.  No witnesses showed up in court to testify against me, so the prosecutor requested the judge dead-docket the case, meaning that it would go into hibernation and could be brought back up in the future.  I told the judge that I was there to defend myself as scheduled, and I requested that the charged be dismissed.  The judge ruled in my favor.

Fair enough, but the prosecution's not being ready to try the case on a certain date is not automatic grounds for dismissal.  Kentucky rules of criminal procedure allow for motions to postpone hearings or trials.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2022, 06:46:38 pm »

We would have but our daughter swiped our phones when the whole thing began and hid them.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2022, 07:40:31 pm »
@txradioguy
I can't really add to this, words fail me, but I just want to say I am glad you and your wife are alive and made it through.
God bless you.
I have hope and will pray that you will both see your grandchildren soon.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2022, 11:27:04 pm »
@txradioguy
I can't really add to this, words fail me, but I just want to say I am glad you and your wife are alive and made it through.
God bless you.
I have hope and will pray that you will both see your grandchildren soon.

Thank you Groucho.  I appreciate that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2022, 11:32:11 pm »
One of the nice things about not having this hang over me anymore is that I can get my guns back from my son's house and I can have a beer again.

Part of the conditions of my bail was no firearms in the house and no alcohol.

Those requirements I've had to live under ended last Thursday.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2022, 10:05:54 am »
One of the nice things about not having this hang over me anymore is that I can get my guns back from my son's house and I can have a beer again.

Those requirements I've had to live under ended last Thursday.

Enjoy!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2022, 04:27:05 pm »

Bastards!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-