Author Topic: New Evidence Shows People Aren’t Under Greater Threat From Hurricanes  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY H. STERLING BURNETT ON DEC 2, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Evidence Shows People Aren’t Under Greater Threat From Hurricanes

hurricane windsA recent article in The Conversation suggests that based on new evidence of past hurricane frequencies, coastal areas and islands in the Atlantic Hurricane basin could be facing a dire future involving greater threat from hurricanes.

This seems an odd claim since the evidence the article provides indicates that during the recent period of warming hurricanes are less frequent than they have been in the past, with the most intense periods of hurricane activity occurring when seas were cooler.

Indeed, the data shows hurricanes were more frequent during multiple periods over the past approximately 2,000 years than they are at present, all when carbon dioxide levels were much lower than today. [emphasis, links added]

This fact suggests there is no causal connection between carbon dioxide concentrations and hurricane formation.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-evidence-shows-people-arent-under-greater-threat-from-hurricanes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson