Author Topic: Fewer Veterans are Recommending Military Service  (Read 254 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fewer Veterans are Recommending Military Service
« on: December 04, 2022, 01:04:21 pm »
Fewer Veterans are Recommending Military Service

A 2021 questionnaire shows veterans and families in recent years are less likely to recommend joining the military, citing food insecurity, insufficient pay and a lack of trust in military leadership as a few reasons for the 'troubling drop'
November 30, 2022

A report released in July says troops, veterans and their families in 2021 were less likely to recommend military service than in 2019. While most respondents still encouraged military service, the percentage dropped noticeably over the two-year interval.

The Military Family Advisory Network, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing help to military families, fielded answers from an online survey from Oct. 4 to Dec. 15, 2021. Some 8,638 people participated, and respondents came from all 50 states — as well as Washington, D.C. — two U.S. territories and 22 countries.

The results show that about 63 percent of active-duty troops, veterans and family respondents said they would recommend military life to someone considering it, according to the Military Family Advisory Network. It was a steep decline from the previous survey.

Military families speak between a metal barrier“This statistic represents a troubling drop from the 74.5 percent of respondents who recommended military life to someone considering it in response to the 2019 survey,” the report stated.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 01:06:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Fewer Veterans are Recommending Military Service
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 01:10:49 pm »
It seems everyone, but the military, sees there are major deficiencies in the military.  Everyone, but the military, recognizes those deficiencies start in the Pentagon. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Fewer Veterans are Recommending Military Service
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 01:15:59 pm »
Yeah, just ask anybody who recently got out with their DD214 and they will tell you all about the service-wide toxicity, incompetence, wokeness, apathy, career chasing, and ignorance that infects the U.S. military.  And kicking out service members over the COVID vaccination mandate will take years to recover from, especially in the National Guard.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus