Author Topic: M1A2 SEPv4 Abrams: The Army’s New Super Tank?  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
M1A2 SEPv4 Abrams: The Army’s New Super Tank?
« on: December 04, 2022, 04:11:10 pm »
M1A2 SEPv4 Abrams: The Army’s New Super Tank?
Story by Stavros Atlamazoglou • 20m ago

© Provided by 1945M1A2 SEPv4 Abrams tank emerged while the prototype of the Army’s new main battle tank was undergoing testing in the Yuma Testing Grounds in Arizona.

Troops from the 2nd Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division were caught on camera testing the new main battle tank. Although the photos from the event were subsequently taken down, several outlets, including the Warzone, managed to see them. Although the current version of the M1A2 Abrams, the SEPv3, entered service just two years ago in 2020, the U.S. Army is already working with General Dynamics on the new upgrade.

M1A2 SEPv4 Abrams

Instead of opting for a new main battle tank—although there are plans for one—the U.S. Army is going with the fourth upgrade to the M1A2 Abrams under the designation of System Enhanced Package 4, or SEPv4.

The M1A2 SEPv4 Abrams will include a more efficient structure, new laser rangefinder technology, ammunition data links, and sensory equipment, including a meteorological sensor that will allow the crew to acquire and engage targets in a variety of weather conditions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/m1a2-sepv4-abrams-the-army-s-new-super-tank/ar-AA14TmUW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=41638fe446e9470da8c68d81dacfc9fc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson