Author Topic: Five Trillion Dollars Is Not Enough  (Read 287 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Five Trillion Dollars Is Not Enough
« on: December 03, 2022, 04:36:00 pm »
Five Trillion Dollars Is Not Enough
By: Laurence M. Vance|Published on: Dec 3, 2022|Categories: Current Events, Federal Funding

The federal government seized from the American people almost $5 trillion ($4.896119 trillion) in fiscal year 2022 (Oct. 1, 2021 through Sept. 30, 2022), according to The Monthly Treasury Statement of Receipts and Outlays of the United States Government (MTS), published by the Bureau of the Fiscal Service.

But this was still not enough to quench Uncle Sam’s huge appetite for spending money. During the same period of time, the federal government spent $6.271508 trillion, resulting in a budget deficit of $1.375389 trillion and a national debt that increased to over $31 trillion. The growth in federal spending over the past 20 years is mind-boggling considering that the federal budget did not even reach $2 trillion until fiscal year 2002.

Where did all that the money come from that Congress burned through in just a year? It came from eight sources: individual income tax, corporate income tax, social insurance and retirement receipts (employment and general retirement, unemployment insurance, other retirement), excise taxes, customs duties, estate and gift taxes, miscellaneous receipts, and borrowing.

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2022/12/03/five-trillion-dollars-is-not-enough/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Five Trillion Dollars Is Not Enough
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 05:18:32 pm »
But this was still not enough to quench Uncle Sam’s huge appetite for spending money.

They gotta have the money to buy the votes they need to stay in power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Five Trillion Dollars Is Not Enough
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 12:14:01 am »
Rangerrebew:
But this was still not enough to quench Uncle Sam’s huge appetite for spending money. During the same period of time, the federal government spent $6.271508 trillion, resulting in a budget deficit of $1.375389 trillion and a national debt that increased to over $31 trillion.

Democrats pizz away Trillions of dollars in a year, and all we get is government did it?  You know darn well if Republicans had done this, Republicans alone would be cursed and damned for it.  More political gamesmanship being played to move blame away from the guilty, of course DEMORATS!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions