Author Topic: Biggest news event ‘of the last decade’ unfolds, Twitter files show BOTH parties ‘had access to cens  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biggest news event ‘of the last decade’ unfolds, Twitter files show BOTH parties ‘had access to censorship tools’ but …
December 3, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty |  Print Article
 nkedIn
Elon Musk began the process of unveiling Twitter’s suppression of stories as promised with a surprising twist: “Both parties had access to these tools.”

After revealing that he had come across communications between the social media company he acquired and officials related to throttling the spread of information, such as the details surrounding Hunter Biden’s laptop ahead of the 2020 presidential election, Musk announced he would be making those details public. To fulfill that promise, journalist Matt Taibbi was tasked with explaining the details in a thread dubbed “The Twitter Files.”

As a precursor to the specifics of the laptop story, Taibbi began part one by framing the “Frankensteinian tale of a human-built mechanism” that had gone beyond the “control of its designer” and was sustaining the narrative desired by the establishment.

“Both parties had access to these tools,” the journalist made clear, implicating the Republicans as well as the Democrats. “For instance in 2020, requests from both the Trump White House and the Biden campaign were received and honored. However: This system wasn’t balanced. It was based on contacts.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/12/03/biggest-news-events-of-the-last-decade-unfolds-twitter-files-show-both-parties-had-access-to-censorship-tools-but-1314071/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson