Author Topic: Climate lockdowns coming? You will be tracked and trapped in your suburb and happy about it.  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate lockdowns coming? You will be tracked and trapped in your suburb and happy about it.
The 15 Minute City is a UN and WEF plan, because they care about you want you drive less.

15 Minute City, WEF, UN.
From the WEF and just for you.

The madness of the ‘15-minute city’
James Woudhuysen, Spiked

On the surface, these 15-minute neigbourhoods might sound pleasant and convenient. But there is a coercive edge. The council plans to cut car use and traffic congestion by placing strict rules on car journeys. Under the new proposals, if any of Oxford’s 150,000 residents drives outside of their designated district more than 100 days a year, he or she could be fined £70.

The concept of the 15-minute city was born with ‘C40’. Chaired today by London mayor Sadiq Khan, C40 calls itself a ‘network of mayors of nearly 100 world-leading cities collaborating to deliver the urgent action needed right now to confront the climate crisis’.

The BBC is working awfully hard to persuade us — so we know they don’t think voters will want this. Below the BBC are setting this up as though it’s totally normal for the government to decide who your friends are, and furthermore lockdowns in Paris were great social moments where we all made friends. Who knew?

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/12/oxford-2024-climate-lockdowns-start-you-will-be-tracked-and-trapped-in-your-suburb-and-happy-about-it/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=oxford-2024-climate-lockdowns-start-you-will-be-tracked-and-trapped-in-your-suburb-and-happy-about-it
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That'd be a really quick way to crash the economy, but he go for it.
The Republic is lost.