Author Topic: Germany bans farmers from fertilizing own land to serve E.U.'s 'green agenda'  (Read 784 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailyfetched.com/germany-bans-farmers-from-fertilising-own-land-to-serve-eu-green-agenda/?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

Germany bans farmers from fertilizing own land to serve E.U.'s 'green agenda'

12/2/2022
Jason Walsh

Farmers in Germany have been banned from properly fertilizing large areas of their land under strict EU rules pushing the green agenda.

The use of nitrate fertilizers has been further restricted for large swathes of farmland in North Rhine-Westphalia, which is now likely to drastically reduce yields.

Although German authorities have implemented the ban, it is ultimately at the behest of the European Union, which is seeking to reduce the amount of nitrogen to tackle ‘climate change.’

The policy has already wreaked havoc in the Netherlands.

As The Daily Fetched reported in September:

Dutch farmers have risen in protest to oppose the government curbs on nitrogen emissions to comply with Brussels.

Only Denmark, Ireland, the Flanders region of Belgium, and the Netherlands are permitted to exceed 170 kilos of manure per hectare, the current EU cap.

But under the terms negotiated by the outgoing Agriculture Minister, the exemption will end in 2026 and impact approximately 18,000 farms in the Netherlands, which spreads more manure on fields than other EU nations.

Farms affected by the decision will only be able to apply for 10,000 euros in assistance, which even Staghouwer acknowledged will not be sufficient to cover their losses, adding it “is not a nice message” to the farmers.

More at URL above...

Offline Kamaji

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hope hungry Germans storm their capital in true Bastille Day fashion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

And food prices will continue to skyrocket while everyone's standard of living rapidly declines. Much of this economic destruction will never be recovered.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have to ask.

"Does this mean the German gooberment is going to  cut the tax rates they have been charging farmers for farm lands?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And food prices will continue to skyrocket while everyone's standard of living rapidly declines. Much of this economic destruction will never be recovered.

@DB

And anyone who doesn't think that is deliberate just hasn't been paying attention.

Offline roamer_1

I am actually *FOR* deprecating the use of chemical fertilizers.

But that's not the sort of thing you just go out and do... There is no suitable replacement available right now.

Composting systems would be a far better method, with far more nutrition in the produce... But that needs to be developed and made scalable. That means a lean away from chemicals over years in order to develop the industry necessary to provide the scale.

That is TRUE.

What they are doing now is shooting their own cause right in the ass. The failure will be epic.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 08:59:44 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

But that's not the sort of thing you just go out and do... There is no suitable replacement available right now.

Composting systems would be a far better method, with far more nutrition in the produce... But that needs to be developed and made scalable. That means a lean away from chemicals over years in order to develop the industry necessary to provide the scale.

That is TRUE.

What they are doing now is shooting their own cause right in the ass. The failure will be epic.

@roamer_1

Speaking strictly as a non-farmer,that is something I would have no problem going along with. Too often once gooberment gets off it's lame ass and decides to do something,they do too much,too fast,with no actual thought or planning involved.

It's almost like none of them have ever heard the old-saying "Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater."

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Speaking strictly as a non-farmer,that is something I would have no problem going along with. Too often once gooberment gets off it's lame ass and decides to do something,they do too much,too fast,with no actual thought or planning involved.

It's almost like none of them have ever heard the old-saying "Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater."

All you need to understand @sneakypete , is the difference in taste and nutrition between a farm-garden fresh tomato vs a store bought one. And it does not stop with tomatoes.

But you are right... This agenda is insistent without any alternative considered - and that all the way around. It's exactly the same nonsense they are doing in energy/fuel. Just cut out coal and oil with nothing to replace it... or rather, the brain fart fallacy that they can make it up with solar and wind (which only provides a pittance).

It is ridiculous. Insane.

Offline DB

That is TRUE.

The story says they're using manure for fertilizer.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

All you need to understand @sneakypete , is the difference in taste and nutrition between a farm-garden fresh tomato vs a store bought one. And it does not stop with tomatoes.

@roamer_1

You are kidding,right? I live on an island and have to drive up a dirt road to get here. My nearest neighbor is over a mile away,and due to the Enviro-Nazi's,nobody else can build here.

And there is no shortage of roadside vegetable stands in my area. I must pass 5 or 6 while driving to the grocery store.

When I first moved in,the house I bought was so old it was built before kitchens were a part of the house,and there was a walk-way to get from the house to the kitchen.

I lived in it for a few years before it got so rotten I brought in enough sand to fill up most of the yard to the point where the spots where the house I live in now and my workshop are VERY unlikely to ever get under water. I even applied to the county for a permit to replace my old faulty septic tank,and got the new permit despite the fact there had never been a septic tank here. Just a waste pipe dumping out into the swamp.

Bought a repo 3br 2b double wide and put it in north of the old house after hauling in a BUNCH of sand/dirt.

There was no such thing as plumbing or insulation back then,so the house was built right on the ground. At some time in the 1950's,the owner had somebody come in and dig trenches under the house for the plumbing pipes. I can't even imagine finding anyone willing to do that anymore,regardless of how much you offered them.

I had a run-in with the top guy at the court house over my permit to bring the doublewide in and set it up. I got SERIOUSLY lucky on that one. Just HAPPENED to think "Hey,maybe while I am up here,I should get a permit to move my double-wide in!",so I stopped and got the permit,as well as a permit for the new septic tank.

Chances are if I had told them I didn't have a septic tank and needed to put one in,they would have been more than happy to condemn my property and force me off of it.

After I got it all ready to hook up for the electric and sewage permit inspection and approvals,this idiot up at the court house tells me I can't get a permit to put in a septic tank,fill dirt,or a new house here. He looked like of shocked when I said "Lookey here,MF! I ALREADY have the damn permits and the septic tank and the house is already there. I just need the inspection to hook up to the electricity."

When he still insisted I couldn't get an occupancy permit because he would never approve the septic tank or the building,I asked him "What are you having for dinner?" When he asked me why,I told him,"Well,since you just told me I can't live in MY house,I am going to move in with you and and live in YOUR house,and want to know what we are eating tonight."

Ok,I admit that I am known to be a little hard-headed and aggressive at times,and he fully understood that I was going to move in with him and his family that night and it would take the county PD to drag me out. Which would make him a laughing stock once it hit the local paper.

He thought about it for a few minutes,and told me,"Well,since you have the permits and have already done all that work,I guess I can sign them."

I told him,"Yeah,I guess you can."

So I went home with them that night,and a week later I was living in my new house.

They didn't even bother to argue with me when I went to get the permits for my quonset house workshop,or the water and septic tank permits for them. They just gave them to me.

I gotta admit that most of that was due to both my ignorance and luck. If I had messed up and asked them for the permits BEFORE moving the fill sand or the double-wide in,I would have never gotten them. Since his office was dealing with a "Fate accompli" that was mostly due to mistakes made by his staff,he KNEW that if I raised hell about it,and he KNEW that I WOULD raise hell,his own job might be at jeopardy due to his staff issuing me the permits.

Didn't have a single damn thing to do with being clever,although I have zero doubt that if I hadn't gotten belligerent AND in his face about it,I would have never had the permits approved. That was due to accident,not clever planning.

My 45X60 workshop sits on the plot where the old old house was. I bought the double-wide and did all the improvements because the old house got so rotten I could crumble the corner posts with my hand. No way in hell it would have lasted much longer before it would have just collapsed. I did manage to live in it until the doublewide was permitted and ready for occupancy, though.

BTW,I have wi-fi,a septic tank,hot water heater,shower,toilet,ac,and heat in my workshop. Not to mention a tv antenna for local stations and a flat screen digital tv.

Quonset hut is rated to withstand winds up to 185 mph. Even my garage doors at both ends are rated to withstand wind gusts up to 140 mph. Guess where I go when a hurricane comes around. I just go in there and back a car or truck right up to each big garage door until they touch,and put on the emergency brakes.

I also have a generator in the building with an exhaust system that connects to the garage doors at each end in case the electricity goes out for more than a day. Even if the electricity goes out,I can still take hot water showers,watch tv or movies,read,etc,etc,etc.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:11:23 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

That is TRUE.

I know the JADAM/KNF they use in Korea has been scaled. Surprised it's not caught on more in Europe.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

The story says they're using manure for fertilizer.

I know. They're TRYING to use manure. Which is fine, except there ain't gonna be enough shit to go around. Small farms do that now... Don't get me wrong - There can be plenty of compost. But most compost-able materials are treated as waste right now. Systems to recover it largely do not exist.

And manure alone, btw, is not enough in the long term.

Offline roamer_1

I know the JADAM/KNF they use in Korea has been scaled. Surprised it's not caught on more in Europe.

There's this thing I have come to love... God's economy... Everywhere you look in the natural, the corrupt(dead) and the shit are turned into magnificence at no cost.... brilliant landscapes and glorious food... And it all just happens.

That's amazing to me... And why the ways of Man have ceased to impress me.

Small farms are going back to the old ways because the cost of Big-Farma has exceeded its value. If you have the money to buy the hybrid round-up resistant seed and the chemical application of fertilizers and insect and weed control... Well no one on a small farm has the money to do all that and then bet on a harvest that the weather may take.

See, that's entirely opposite of God's economy... Spending treasure up front before the fact of the harvest... Compost costs pretty well nothing if you are a good steward and make it yourself... so if you lose, all you're out is your labor... And you've generated more compost than you started with... go figger. Even in loss, bounty.

But, that works in small farms where there is a balance between systems, and that balance can be achieved... It's amazing to watch folks that are doing restorative farming and ranching... Taking land that has been completely stripped of topsoil due to 100 years of chemical farming and erosion, and turning it back into the system God put there, where it is actually building inches of topsoil per year.

But that has not transmitted up the chain into Big-Farma... because there ain't no money in it. The big loser if that ever begins to happen will be Monsanto and the like - And they will not let that happen.