Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: GOP ‘must learn to quit underestimating’ Biden  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Newt Gingrich: GOP ‘must learn to quit underestimating’ Biden
by Jared Gans - 12/02/22 9:17 PM ET

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) said in a blog post that the Republican Party “must learn to quit underestimating” President Biden. 

Gingrich said in the post on his website that Biden has been successful by his own definition of success, and Republicans’ aversion to him has caused them to underestimate him and Democrats. 

“We dislike Biden so much, we pettily focus on his speaking difficulties, sometimes strange behavior, clear lapses of memory, and other personal flaws,” he said. 

Gingrich’s comments come after Democrats outperformed expectations in the midterms on their way to holding their majority in the Senate and only narrowly losing control of the House. Republicans hoped to make sweeping gains in both houses of Congress, but many candidates lost in key races. 

He said Biden was able to get trillions of dollars in spending and a series of “radical” bills from a four-vote majority in the House and a tie in the Senate, where Vice President Harris serves as the tiebreaking vote. He added that the president has also ensured that U.S. weapons and financial support help Ukraine cripple Russian troops who were invading. 

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3760487-newt-gingrich-gop-must-learn-to-quit-underestimating-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Newt Gingrich: GOP ‘must learn to quit underestimating’ Biden
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 02:57:04 pm »
ROFLMAO!

Stuff like this is why Newt is irrelevant.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

Re: Newt Gingrich: GOP ‘must learn to quit underestimating’ Biden
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 10:41:00 pm »
Never underestimate your opponent. The Republicans thought that people’s displeasure with the direction of the country and the Biden administration’s performance would be enough to propel them to electoral Nirvana.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy