Author Topic: HERE’S YOUR FIRST LOOK AT THE B-21 RAIDER, AMERICA’S NEW STEALTH BOMBER  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HERE’S YOUR FIRST LOOK AT THE B-21 RAIDER, AMERICA’S NEW STEALTH BOMBER
Alex Hollings | December 2, 2022

On Friday, Northrop Grumman officially unveiled the B-21 Raider in front of a small group of spectators, offering the world its first glimpse of America’s new stealth bomber. The B-21 is the first new bomber the United States has fielded in a quarter century — since the Raider’s predecessor, the B-2 Spirit entered service in 1997.

“The B-21 Raider is a testament to America’s enduring advantages in ingenuity and innovation. And it’s proof of the Department’s long-term commitment to building advanced capabilities that will fortify America’s ability to deter aggression, today and into the future. Now, strengthening and sustaining U.S. deterrence is at the heart of our National Defense Strategy,” said Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III.

“This bomber was built on a foundation of strong, bipartisan support in Congress. And because of that support, we will soon fly this aircraft, test it and then move into production.”

The Northrop Grumman-led B-21 effort began in 2015 under the unassuming title of Long Range Strike-Bomber (LRS-B) and has since then served as a clinic in secrecy in the modern era. Despite the presence of high-resolution cameras in just about every pocket these days, not a single image of the B-21 has managed to leak onto the internet over seven years of development and with six test-model aircraft already nearing completion.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/heres-your-first-look-at-the-b-21-raider-americas-new-stealth-bomber/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B -21 Spirit?  Spirit?  I thought they would give it an intimidating name like the B-21 Milley.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson